Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

stargazer1980

Whos taking what to Salisbury SP in August!

Thought it would be interesting to know what kit and scopes others will be taking so i'll start

I'll be taking my first ever scope that i bought in 2007 -

Celestron 114SLT

and my £100 eyepiece set

Thats all i need........oh yeah best not forget the camping equipment eh!

Edited by stargazer1980

Well the astronomy stuff goes in the car first, then the essential provisions (beer), camping gear, more provisions, and if there is any room left my wife or it will be 2 cars.

Gonna take a little nexstar 4, and 8" SW newt if a new controller/motor board for the synscan eq5 arrives in time.

May take neximage camera cos I've loads to learn from the imaging crew. I really want a good image of Saturn if possible.

The nikon d80 is a must for some widefield, for all your mugshots, and catch some shenanigans that will occur no doubt.

Luckily if I forget something it's only a short drive home.

Really can't wait for this, it will be great to meet everyone and have an enjoyable time, I'm sure we'll have lots of laughs along the way.

I'll be taking my Sky-Watcher 200 on an HEQ5 Pro. EP collection of Hyperions and Sky-Watcher SWAs. Not sure if I will take the Nexstar 4SE as it depends on space available in the Toyota Aygo.

Oh and lots of tea.

I shall be taking an 8.5" homemade truss newt on homemade pier; a pair of binoculars on a homemade mirror mount; and a 4" skywatcher refractor with a binoviewer. Plus the million and one other observing bits of kit and camping equipment.

As I am leaving the two short noise machines at home, I am looking forward to a lie in on Sat and Sun!!

Mark

I will be taking my 16" Lightbridge and a few eyepieces.

Never took the LB to a dark site before so interested to see how deep she will go.

And don't be shy if you want a look just ask....

add one more 16" LB to the list...

I'll be doing the Clio V6 challenge....(some idiots put a stonking 3.0l V6 where the rear seats and boot should be) i have a 150KG's of chippings in there today as a "weight" test...

And hopefully getting the full imaging setup in there... CPC800, Megrez 72 , 500mm guidescope wedge tripod, 3 dslrs guidecam , laptop, 110AH battery, PSU's etc

Might have to leave out the optional extras like the Clothes, tent , food, beer, and source them locally....

Peter....

Pair of Bino's that are 50x70 (I think) and a Skywatcher 130PL

Hope you have a dewshiled this time Ian so you dont use all my power up again :icon_rolleyes::);):)

Ahhhh...if I've got power, Ian can use it...

He's the man....

Mel, I have an Astrozap dewshield and it works a treat :icon_rolleyes: No need for power either Louise but thanks ;) I have a power tank and a 12v hairdryer for dewed up eyepieces.

I'm still buzzing from last week so I'm really looking forward to this one.

I was only kidding Ian - your more than welcome to use power and my hairdryer again.

Claire says she will even do you some more sausage sarnies :icon_rolleyes::);)

I'll be borrowing a powerpoint to recharge my powertank off some kind soul.

That's a lot of hairdryers guys...bringing some mousse and hair clay too?

I'll bring my curling tongs - we can have a whale of a time!

My hairs past the growing stage, so the only mousse I need is chocolate mousse....

I'll be bringing my imaging rig - Wo66 and AP102ED on an EQ6 - if I manage to buy an LB between now and then, that would be good....

Now - headgear... I have a fetching 'fools hat' with bells on, so you can hear me coming..... might bring that along :icon_rolleyes:

Now - headgear... I have a fetching 'fools hat' with bells on, so you can hear me coming..... might bring that along :icon_rolleyes:

hmmm .....

NexStar 4SE and my labrador dog Nadia

You need a "Nelson" style flashing red led collar for Nadia... wicked...

Peter...

Yeah - that was quite fun watching this random red light run about the field on its own :icon_rolleyes:

I reckonses it should be a standard doggy accessory..

Weird....

I have a little Westie dog called "Nelson" as well....