Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

paulobao

Undesigned Nebula in Cygnus

Hello again,

in July 2008 dave Jurasevich from the Mount Wilson Observatory found a strange bubble in his picture. He reported the discover to the IAU but until now this PN have no name yet.

Hope you like this not so much photographed object. This is a personal project of mine and I will post the updates here as soon I got more data.

Regards,

paulo

opt1241104447d.jpg

rgh1241104515v.jpg

Very nicely captured Paulo and thanks for the interesting info on the PN. The crescent is very detailed too :icon_rolleyes:

Regards

Kevin

Great catch of this very faint newish discovery, quite hard to see at first but when you get it then it stands out. John.

Jeepers this is amazing....

Beautiful capture, really something to stare at.

I would have completely missed seeing this in the image. So transparent and it barely stands out from the background. I guess its just the neat spherical shape that makes it noticable.

Regards

Vincent.

That's very nice indeed :icon_rolleyes:.

Tony..

great shot paulo....the bubble really stands out.

i saw this earlier, and i just found where.....

a friend from california imaged this with his 18" f12.6 cassegrain in september 2008, and had captured it inadvertantly in 2004.....

here is the link

Cygnus "Bubble" in Halpha from Stinger 450 classical cassegrain, FLI Proline 9000 and Baader Planetarium 50 x 50 mm square Halpha filter

an image to proud of there, paulo

paul

Yep , I like this image a lot.

Is it not LBN 206 ??

John

i dont know john....must investigate

Had another look. LBN 206 looks slightly above the object discussed in the image.

John

post-13061-133877371123_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I was busy during the last nights :icon_rolleyes:.

About the name : no, this have no name yet. The IAU have not named this bubble like PN.

This is a work in progress to me and I expect to accumulate a huge amount of signal before posting the big picture (until now I only accumulate data from my severe polluted living place. I have not made any AP session from my dark place due to the bad weather at the new moon ). I have a small OTA and rather slow so I need time. But I have time...

Until now I have 27x20min Ha, 16x30min OIII and 1x20min SII so, only 17hours and 20 min of data. I have problems with my OIII data but I will manage it somehow.

Here 25x20min of Ha data :

bfi1241170785i.jpg

Regards,

paulo

it will be awesome when you have all the data you want.

A PN in theory should show a significant O[iII] flux since it is illuminated by a very hot star.

If the narrowband image looks like a blueish circle...its more than likely a PN....

look forward to the final result.

Best of luck

paul