Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Davei

First Autoguided Image

Richie was right -autoguiding makes all the difference. ZenithStar 66 plus Orion StarShoor Autoguider into the HEQ5. Worked first time despite a marginal S/N ratio. As you can see the M51 region has round stars for once!

post-16111-133877369431_thumb.jpg

Excellent result, lots of fine detail around M51. Look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Steve..

Brilliant! Its a great feeling once those pulses are being fed to the mount aint it. What were the exposure lengths?

Matt

Your right about autoguiding making a big difference. There will be no looking back now, a great capture. :)

Regards

Kevin

Well done on your first guided image - it makes all the difference!

Yep as the others have said ... Guiding makes a huge difference... you'll probably find that you'll want to tackle the LP next as your sub lenghts can be longer it will become more of an issue...

Whilst its effects can be mitigated in software its much better to remove as much as possible "opitcally" before you capture the data...

Onwards and upwards and all that :)

Peter...

Nice tight guiding, skys the limit now.:)

Mike.

Brilliant! Its a great feeling once those pulses are being fed to the mount aint it. What were the exposure lengths?

Matt

Exposures were 4 x 3mins and 2 x 4 mins but I was getting LP pink effects so didn't go any longer. I have come to the conclusion that the only way to get the real faint fuzzies is narrow band imaging since my site has far worse LP than the one I used for the m51. So new camera now on order! The filter wheel next.

cheers

dave

Good stuff, its happy days once you get auto guiding :)