Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL4 Image - NG3628

Paxo

Grabbed this one late on Saturday evening while having some guiding problems. imaged with Atik 314L through an WO FLT110, guided with a DSI II through a WO Mrgrez 72 mounted on an EQ6 Pro. Wind was still gusting at this point so dropped the subs down to 3 mins, took 25 subs but only had 13 useable.

Having had a nice 'blue screen' just before starting to image, the laptop (which has had a good life) finally packed in yesterday, but I have managed to retrieve the data from Lucksall.

Image not as sharp as I would have liked, but I guess that may have been the wind. Data gathered with MaximDL, processed in DSS and Photoshop CS3.

Please enjoy

Steve

SGL4_NGC3628.tif

Thanks guys, nice to meet you all at SGL4 (and some of you again), I unfortunately missed Rob's tutorial on processing on Saturday afternoon, it may have come in handy for this image.

Steve..

Hello Steve,

Nothing much wrong with that, especially with the wind.

Is that the last image with the 314 now that you have that monster chip?

Great to meet you, if there's anything I can do to help processing wise, ask away.

Cheers

Rob

Hello Steve,

Nothing much wrong with that, especially with the wind.

Is that the last image with the 314 now that you have that monster chip?

Great to meet you, if there's anything I can do to help processing wise, ask away.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Good to meet up with you at Lucksall, I thought my LX was big enough, and poor Nelson, on the floor of the van while the scope gets the bed! Should have the 314 for a few weeks yet until delivery of the beast.

Steve..

Very nice pic Steve. I think your troubles were down to the 314, which had developed a sudden massive inferiority complex!!!

Great spending time with you, especially hiding in your tent for a moments peace from the trouble and strife!

Tim

Archived