Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Ambermile

Wide Markarians and so on...

Well, was intending to dance all night last night. Fat chance. got set up on Leo Triplet and managed 30 miserable seconds! So, had a beer and came back out to a sort of clearing sky and dropped the 0.5 FR into the Vixen with the Artemis. Managed 10 subs of 30 seconds for each frame, binned 2x2 and unguided before the clouds came back and finished the night. So that's what I have here. You can see the difference in seeing from the first set to the last, not a very pleasing pic but I post anyway.

M88 and M91 and associated little fluffies, stacked in Registax 3, joined with iMerge and stretched a tinsy bit in PI

Arthur

post-12835-133877319667_thumb.jpg

I had a very similar experience Arthur. Beautiful clear evening, not a cloud in the sky, wind dropped. Settled down to enjoy perfect conditions. And over they come. You did very well though. Really like what you have done merging the 2 images. Who needs a wide field of view :lol:

lovely image Arthur , looks good to me mate , the galaxy detail is smooth and well detailed reckon you done ok there , and especially for the low subs ,

Rog

:lol:

Good captures Arthur, and merging them looks really good.

naz :lol:

Thanks all. this region looks ripe for a nice big mosaic I'm thinking. Maybe if I get a night of half-decent seing I can grab maybe 20 frames and see what happens...