SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Altair Astro ?

johninderby

Hi

Bought something from Altair Astro over a week ago (£60.00 item) and haven't received anything from them other than the automatic confirmation email when I ordered, and they're not answering their phones or emails. Have they closed temporarily? Nothing posted on their website about being away.

John

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John,

I purchased an item 5 weeks ago, item arrived was incorrect returned back for replacement and have been trying for weeks to get in contact, no replies to emails or telephone on any of the numbers listed on their site other than voicemail, despite leaving numerous messages have yet to recieve a reply.

Don't think I have ever experienced such deplorable service, they now have my money, returned goods, I have nothing and there is no way of contacting them. Even a response to a call or an email would suffice as acknowledgement that the problem was being dealt with, nothing is unacceptable.

Brendan.

Hi

I purchased a dew heater last week, had it within 3 days but i couldn't get them on the phone mobile or shop to check on the order,after ringing for about the twentieth time he text me back to tell my order had been sent service is not to good on the phone.

Luke

• 1 month later...

Update on previous post.

Contacted by Nick From Altair Astro, they have been experiencing significant problems with their phone forwarding system and emails, they assure me this issue has now been resolved, my order has now been satisfactorily resolved.

Brendan

It's no damned good running a business that way. Communication, or at least the ability to communicate with the dealer is essential.

If there is going to be a delay in fullfilling an order, the customer has every right to be informed. How difficult can that be?.

There are still such things as Public telephones I believe, always assuming the customer has supplied his number in case of problems.

Every order should be treated with priority. Bad service practice spreads like wildfire. Unfortunately, good service rarely gets the same publicity.

Ron.:)

• 2 months later...

Hi there Barkis

Nick here from Altair

a customer sent us a link to your post and I thought I'd better respond!

Sorry we missed you both. :)

If you leave a VM or email us with your phone number, we'll get in touch but sometimes we just don't get the message, or we cant interpret the numbers customers leave.

Usually we email-message the customer through our ecom system if an order has been placed but nothing is in stock. Recently however, we spoke to customer who phoned up - and discovered that our ecom system isn't sending out emails or is sending them out intermittently. Either way I'm fed up with it, so we're changing ecom providers at the moment - and of course emailing customers directly! Belt and braces should avoid further issues.

If you can't get us on the LL call us anytime up to 7pm on Ian's Mobile: 07768 108 690

I will look into cloning Ian too once EU law permits :o

Best regards, Nick

Hello Nick.

My post was in June, and I was not complaining due to an order of mine being ignored or missed or whatever. I was merely making a statement about poor service in general, whoever the dealer is./was.

I appreciate fully that items are not always on the shelf, or for some other reason, the customer doesn't receive his order.

The Important aspect is communication. Most customers will greatly appreciate being told there will be a delay for whatever reason, as long as they are being acknowledged. But to leave somebody hanging, not knowing what's going on, can, and is, extremely frustrating. It will most certainly make them think twice about using any supplier who fits that category.

There must be problems that arise, that are out of direct control of the dealer when it comes to contacting a customer, but every effort should be made to reassure anyone who is parting with their hard earned money on parts, that they certainly have not been put on a back burner. I'm sure your company is trying its best to ensure that its customers will be kept informed of any delays, and the reasons for.

Cheers.

Ron. (Barkis)

Thanks Ron, glad to hear you weren't targeting us specifically.

Our new ecom site is on the way, and that should helpfully sort out a lot of problems we've had with the existing provider. Light at the end of the tunnel and fingers (and toes) crossed! I've also just bought us a new shop in Aylsham about 10 miles North of Norwich. We are doing some pretty serious restoration work on the property to create stock storage space and have just finished tanking the cellars. Next I'm going to replace the floor and replaster, and then we're hopefully on track... Bit of a mess right now I'm afraid. Having a single point for stock storage and retail will make us a lot more efficient and reduce Ian's stress levels, so we're working day and night to complete the work. Also another step we're taking is to outsource our long distance POD deliveries. That will get us more focused on taking calls. We'd love to see some of you guys there! Remember if you can't get through, you can always try us in the evening.

Best regards, Nick

Had a few bits and pieces from Altair, and everything has arrived quickly and in good order.

No complaints from me, and I'd use you again.

Ron is right though, if there's any sort of problem, inform the customer immediately and most normal people will be fine.

The alternative is what airlines do, and leave you waiting with no information, then wonder why people get annoyed :D

Cheers

Rob

never dealt with them but full marks for bothering to post in this thread and explain things / apolagise :D:hello2:

pity another certain company doesn't bother to respond to any of the numerous threads on here about their (lack of) customer service or actually bother to do anything about it

• 7 months later...
Here is a triplet from that factory which looks like direct match with the Altair scope :D werkstatt tested those Bosma not-branded triplets and they turned up quite good.

Oh yah man.. It looks totally the same!!!!

U know of any other in London? I'm a Singaporean travelling to London to find good stuff like this~!

Archived