Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SLG4 - thanks

adamsp123

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge thank you to everyone. It's all been said in the posts above, but SGL4 was really something.

I take my hat off to the organisers and chilli makers.

I'm still on a high - so much to remember and take in. So many great people.

But I am exhausted and there's work tomorrow. I'll post pics and stuff later.

Had wonderful views through my astrovid camera on Saturday night ...

Stef:D

You mean you could actually see things after being temporarily blinded by the caravan light at 1am?:)

When someone says 'make it strong', I know what to do...:)

Speaking of which, I had the hot chilli, and I thought it was just right. Just the right amount of lip-tingle and after-burn...'some like it hot'!

Well done Jamie and the other intrepid cooks - whose names escape me, but who looked suitably cheffy (without being too sweaty...:))

So many thanks to Daz, Greg, Mark and everybody else who helped organise such a fantastic weekend. We are still buzzing with it all - such a great crowd of people, everyone so friendly and willing to share information, equipment, assistance and chat. Sorry I didn't get to meet some folk until this morning (note to self, arrive earlier next time!)

Huge thanks to everyone who let us look through their scopes - I don't think I will ever forget that sight of M51 through Ian's (Astronut) dob or M13 through Rob's Meade - both just stunning. The southern horizon was great - I don't get that at home at all. The two days were an inspiration for me - I'm probably going to drive everyone daft going on about it :) - can't wait for the next SGL, and Ciaran is keen to come too:icon_cheers:.

Thanks for letting me drop in a looking through your scopes especially to Steve for letting me use his 12" DOB and for my first view of M81 and M82. Good to have met Greg, MikeP, MichaelMorris, Ferox, James,

Helen, and others.

I hope to visit again.

Alan

I'd like to give my heartfelt thanks to all involved with SGL4, absent or otherwise. Always good to see old friends but just as good to see so many new faces with all your 'new hobby' enthusiasm which is so infectous, it's certainly given me a shot in the arm after what's been a slightly disappointing winter. Thank you! Whilst Thursday and Friday were great from a social perspective, the buzz of anticipation of a clear night on Saturday raised the hairs on the back of my neck :).

Thank you all once again.

Tony..

A big thank you to everyone involved with organising SGL4 and to everyone there who made our first star party such an enjoyable experience. :)

The skies last night provided an amazing end to a great three days away. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. And it was lovely to meet so many fellow SGLers. Thursday and Friday evenings were just as enjoyable as the clear skies last night. And thank you to those who shared the wonderful views offered by their larger scopes, particularly Rob's little 'portable' set up.

We can't wait for SGL5 now! :)

Sarah

I'd also like to add my thanks.

Everyone contributed something towards the excellent atmosphere that was enjoyed throughout the event :)

A big thanks to Daz for starting the project and to Greg who completed it when Daz's day-job became more demanding and to Steve (Kai), Ian (Lunator) and Mark (Mark at Beaufort) for helping him with the organisation.

Also to Greg, Jamie, Steve (Paxo) and Tony (Whippy) for feeding us so well and to Steve (Paxo) Tim (TJ) and Tony (Whippy) for the imaging advice :)

Talking of imaging, thank-you to Michael (Michael-SX) and Gill from Starlight Xpress for joining us with their Sons :(:)

Am now looking forward to SGL-5 :)

I'd like to also add my thanks...

...for all the awesome work in organising this event so well to Greg, Daz, Steve, Ian and Mark

....for food to:

Greg

Steve (Paxo)

Tony

Kevin (BV)

Jamie

...for bringing lots of scrumptious kit to goggle over to James and Steve.

...for use of scopes during the weekend to almost everyone. I had some fantastic views through all manner of scopes.

...for company to absolutely everyone. Was fantastic to meet all those new faces.

...for tent and transport to Jamie.

...for sleeping mat to Helen.

Sorry if I missed out anyone.

From myself and my collegue Richard,

I agree with all the above.

It was a real blast and all who organised

and ran the event (even the ones who could not make it)

Well done guys.

It was an abosolute hoot.

Nice to see fellow SGL members in the flesh.

What a good weekend.

(apart from the tent next door snoring....You know who you are :))

Ed

All the names of the people who organised the SGL4 event have been duly lauded, and I add my grateful thanks to those of everyone else. I would like to thank Helen and her good friend Jean for those superb cakes they made and brought to us. I never got to try the Lemon one, but the chocolate one was so delicious. Thanks ladies.

Ron.:)

Id like to thank Billy for taking me to SGL4 cheers butty Diloch.A MEGA big thanks to Helen,Mike and Jean for looking after me and finding some wonderful sights in the LightBridge for me to look at,also a big thanks to all the people who let me look through their scopes and all the people i said hello to,i had a fantastic time and cant waite for the next one.Peace andLove.........Kev

Well, I learned a very interesting thing over the weekend... what makes star parties enjoyable are partly the clear skies, and mostly the people who attend them. I am glad I went to Kelling with Jon, but I am still kicking myself for making a judgement bad call on Saturday morning :) I really was planning on heading over to SGL4 on Saturday, but when the sun came up that morning, the tent got so hot that I couldnt sleep. That pretty much did me in for the day.... I had to head home, I was almost asleep standing up. I should have left earlier and taken my time. The pics looks good from SGL4, a good turnout of people.

Hello everyone, Would like to chip in my bit too! Had a great time meeting everyone and the location was good. One of the best bits for me was having a look through Astronut's dob. Because Rob does mainly imaging, I rarely get to actually see through a scope and the Dob was perfect. So much so, that Rob is now thinking about buying me one just so I stop nagging him to take the camera off the back of his scope!

I've got a bit mixed up with working out who's who :). Any hope of anyone posting their real name alongside their photo's and nick name?

Here's a picture of Rob with the 14" monster, one of Nelson with his new best friend Nathan and one of Rob, Ron and George.

Cheers!

Amanda.

post-14772-133877368837_thumb.jpg

post-14772-133877368844_thumb.jpg

post-14772-133877368849_thumb.jpg

Archived