Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus + Milky Way Widefield

Am back from Kelling Heath, a day earlier than planned, but I had a great time.

Below is a widefield image taken with my QHY8 + Gerd Neumann + 28mm Nikon DSLR lens (using a CLS LP filter), piggy backed on the back of the usual imaging setup.

The best thing about this image is that its a SINGLE 10 minute sub, hence why its a bit noisy, and why there is no larger image to view... it was a target of opportunity against a rapidly lightening dawn sky. Cant wait to get some more time on this target later in the year, and also with the IDAS filter instead... and maybe use an Ha filter for added detail :)

I`ll run this through astrometry, just as soon as thats working again <sigh>

20090424_cygnus_800.jpg

(Astrometry is working again, so here is annotated version)

20090424_cygnus_800_am.png

Blimey... You've got to be happy with that one.

It looks like a tear in space.

I must get myself to Kelling one of these days. I would love to see skys like that.

Thanks for sharing.

Lee.

Images working fine here, and from work, so you have a problem somewhere...

It was forecast to be clear the last two nights, and they were like pea soup. Just process my whale/hockeystick... its terrible! I doubt its any different tonight).

Just nice to be back home...

Stunning Steve, really nice.

The mosaic is superb. Registar sounds real good.

If you continued to take images in either direction would you end up with a 360 degree panorama? That could be fun :)

Ant

If you continued to take images in either direction would you end up with a 360 degree panorama? That could be fun :)

You so know what my plan is now :) And the kit is probably going to Australia in November... yeay!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived