Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Eyepiece for Skywatcher 120ED?

Hi, I have recently bought a SW 120ED DS Pro and I am amazed at the optical quality of this instrument. My dilemma is this, as this has pro optics I assume that to get the best views I would need an eyepiece to better suit, and how much of a difference could I expect. I currently use the Sterling eyepieces from Smart Astronomy, a 6mm, 12.5mm and 20mm these show nice sharp images but are a bit limited on planets especially the 6mm.

I'm sure some of the more experienced users could recommend an eyepiece or two that would better compliment the 120ED.

Thanks and Clear skies

David :)

If you like looking at planets and the moon get yourself some orthoscopic eyepieces. I have a 4" refractor and use the UO Circle T ortho's and they are excellent in a scope like yours. Only downside not much eye relief but the detail you see outway that.

Archived