Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today at SGL4

I thought that you might like to know how we were getting on at SGL4. Quite a large number have now arrived and set up their scopes. Sky is a little 'milky' but hoping it might clear. Saturday night looks a better bet. Steve and James/FLO have set up scopes and I attach a photo showing details.

Mark

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who balanced the Mak/Newt?:):(

21489d1240588447t-today-sgl4-sgl4.jpg

Believe it or not that's the right spot for balance once I've put the dewshield and my H9 on it. :)

The high cloud has now gone and we've got fingers crossed for clear skies tonight!

James

Well I'm drooling,..Please keep us informed how it's going.:)

If it was'nt for the fact I blew my renault master up, I would have come down on speck.(work commitments):)

If the weather turnes against you!....enjoy each other's company.:(

P.S...I won't miss the the next one!:)

Best regards Mick.G.

Sky is now very clear and things looking positive for tonight. Large number of SGL members with all sizes of scopes upto 14" Meade SCT. Greg is cooking a joint meal for all before the observing starts. I attach a few photos to show, for future ref!!, what a lovely site this is.

Mark

Well i have just returned from SGL4,having met a whole load of new ppl there ,the turn out is wonderful and very pleasing to see, although the weather has not been kind to us ,it has been good to put some faces to names now ,

Just like to thank Tony ,Mike Steve Paxo for a very nice breakfast yesterday ,and also the offer of food from Greg, as i cant eat to much of the rich stuff , i went for fish and chips , to which half went in the bin LOL .

Needed to retun myself as i have a few thing i need sorting this weekend for the bank hols next week end , but would like to say a huge thanks for all that turned up and i,m sure it will finish with smiles on faces as a clear night is expected .

Cheers

Rog:icon_salut:

I've just got off the phone with Jamie.

He estimates that around 70 people hav visited today, and that over 50 had the secret SGL Chilli.

The skies are currently clear, I've just checked the weather and they should stay clear untill around 9 - 10am - which is great news.

I'm looking forward to seeing a load of the pic's.

Cheers

Ant

Had a good few hours at SGL4 with Kev 102 it was great to actually meet so many people face to face and see such a great selection of kit... and thankfully with last nights largely clear skies people having the chance to actually get some observing and imaging done...

Sloped of just around 2.00 am as quite a few people were turning in...

Glad I had a chance to have a look through some bigger scopes but perhaps "controversially" it confirmed what I had thought ... I am not in to visual observing...

What Happens when Helen decides to set up the PST...

[ATTACH]21538[/ATTACH]

Look of the Size of that thing....

[ATTACH]21535[/ATTACH]

Lulu's 13mm Meets Rob H's 14 Inches...

[ATTACH]21536[/ATTACH]

Canis Minor...?

[ATTACH]21537[/ATTACH]

Peter....

Archived