Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

I thought that you might like to know how we were getting on at SGL4. Quite a large number have now arrived and set up their scopes. Sky is a little 'milky' but hoping it might clear. Saturday night looks a better bet. Steve and James/FLO have set up scopes and I attach a photo showing details.

Mark

Looking good guy's. Wish I was there, certainly SGL5. Have a great time and fingers crossed for clear skies.

Thanks for the report Mark - looking forward to joining you tomorrow and meeting everybody :)

John

Have a great time, everyone!!

Yup, hopin' for the skies to clear!!! It's the "milky" cloud that hangs around a little too long...

Hopping to "pop" up about 4-5pm tomorrow for an overnight visit... looks like your in for a damp and blustery day though :) but hopefully clearing late afternoon... :)

Peter...

Clear skies people! wish I was there...it is clear here but a little misty!

Neil C

Clear skies to all of you. hopefully i'll be able to attend the next 1. have a great time.

Who balanced the Mak/Newt?:):(

21489d1240588447t-today-sgl4-sgl4.jpg

Believe it or not that's the right spot for balance once I've put the dewshield and my H9 on it. :)

The high cloud has now gone and we've got fingers crossed for clear skies tonight!

James

I hope you all have a really great time and that the skies are kind to you - good luck everyone!

Peter - look forward to meeting you. I am just going back to Lucksall (live only 8 minutes away). Sun is starting to shine so I am taking the PST for those who may have used one before.

See you later

Mark

Well I'm drooling,..Please keep us informed how it's going.:)

If it was'nt for the fact I blew my renault master up, I would have come down on speck.(work commitments):)

If the weather turnes against you!....enjoy each other's company.:(

P.S...I won't miss the the next one!:)

Best regards Mick.G.

Sky is now very clear and things looking positive for tonight. Large number of SGL members with all sizes of scopes upto 14" Meade SCT. Greg is cooking a joint meal for all before the observing starts. I attach a few photos to show, for future ref!!, what a lovely site this is.

Mark

Well i have just returned from SGL4,having met a whole load of new ppl there ,the turn out is wonderful and very pleasing to see, although the weather has not been kind to us ,it has been good to put some faces to names now ,

Just like to thank Tony ,Mike Steve Paxo for a very nice breakfast yesterday ,and also the offer of food from Greg, as i cant eat to much of the rich stuff , i went for fish and chips , to which half went in the bin LOL .

Needed to retun myself as i have a few thing i need sorting this weekend for the bank hols next week end , but would like to say a huge thanks for all that turned up and i,m sure it will finish with smiles on faces as a clear night is expected .

Cheers

Rog:icon_salut:

I've just got off the phone with Jamie.

He estimates that around 70 people hav visited today, and that over 50 had the secret SGL Chilli.

The skies are currently clear, I've just checked the weather and they should stay clear untill around 9 - 10am - which is great news.

I'm looking forward to seeing a load of the pic's.

Cheers

Ant

Hey folks, looks like it's going well there - really sorry we didn't make it along in the end, it's a long story....clear skies for tonight!

cheers

Ian

Really glad you guys are having a good time. Nice to see so many people turned up. Well the sky here is beautiful at the moment so really hoping you all had a good time.

Darren:)

Had a good few hours at SGL4 with Kev 102 it was great to actually meet so many people face to face and see such a great selection of kit... and thankfully with last nights largely clear skies people having the chance to actually get some observing and imaging done...

Sloped of just around 2.00 am as quite a few people were turning in...

Glad I had a chance to have a look through some bigger scopes but perhaps "controversially" it confirmed what I had thought ... I am not in to visual observing...

What Happens when Helen decides to set up the PST...

[ATTACH]21538[/ATTACH]

Look of the Size of that thing....

[ATTACH]21535[/ATTACH]

Lulu's 13mm Meets Rob H's 14 Inches...

[ATTACH]21536[/ATTACH]

Canis Minor...?

[ATTACH]21537[/ATTACH]

Peter....

Edited by Psychobilly

Great pic's Peter, thats a beutiful shot of the cloud's +Sun ray's.:)

Ye god's how many people set the meade up!:)

I'm still drooling.

Mick.G.