Narrowband

M3 ... really

BlueAstra

I hesitate to post this in such illustrious company, but I am only starting out in this hobby. My kit is fairly basic, being a small reflector and a compact camera through the eyepiece, but its enough to learn the basics. Hmm, what next, a DSLR or a bigger scope?

post-16060-133877367628_thumb.jpg

Nice, nothing wrong with that shot. Everybody started someplace and that ain't a bad place to start. If you're determined that photography is your main goal, I'd say a mount that can track (if that az will, I'm not familiar with it) would serve you well...:) If it's a tracking mount, I'd go with the DSLR. Your present scope and camera could be adapted to a new mount, although it's a better idea perhaps to get a scope/mount package as opposed to spending alot of $$ on a mount that you know you'll want to upgrade with a bigger scope before long anyway....:)

Archived