Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M 3 on a murky night

GordonH

Hi All

I must admit it is nice to have some cloudless nights, now if we could do something about the sky glow, light pollution and poor seeing conditions it would be even better.

This is of the globular cluster M 3 on Sunday night which was as mentioned above, I had to wait until it got near to the zenith as too much either side appeared misty. This is first real attempt at globular clusters, I did have a bash at M 13 when I first started imaging with a Meade LX200 3 years ago, this attempt can be seen on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page. I wasn't sure about exposure times so did 30x1 minutes each for RGB all unguided. Just simple autodark subtraction was used, no bias or flat fields. It was taken with the Takahashi BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H36. It is cropped top and bottom due to some heavy dark banding on the subframes, haven't figured that out yet. Overall I am reasonably pleased considering the seeing conditions. I have come to the conclusion that emission line imaging is a lot easier than RGB from where I live.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

:)

post-13589-133877367588_thumb.jpg

Archived