Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Doublet a variation on the Triplet

Darth Takahashi

I tried my CCD camera on this target last night; however, because of the limited FOV I could only fit M65 & M66 in the frame. The sensitivity of the HX916 is at least a factor 7 greater than a DSLR. Can't wait now to add some colour to this data.

I have finally brought some secondhand filters for my filter wheel and they are on there way to me now... No doubt the weather will change for the worse once I receive them :)

Telescope: TOA103F

Camera: HX916

Filters: None

Sub's 5x5mins + 4x10mins + 1x15mins

Darks 3x5mins

The darks were used on all the images. I find the biggest improvement that the darks make is to remove the HOT pixels only. The noise in the camera is well controlled throughout all the sub's.

Hope you like it even though its only a mono image at the moment.

I noticed that the first image was a little dim on my works computer so I have attached a second image where the levels are slightly boosted, this seem to be a difference that is coming from my Apple MAC book versus the humble PC?

Neil.

post-15658-133877367514_thumb.jpg

post-15658-13387736752_thumb.jpg

Archived