SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wide M51 - 1st proper guided DSO - More data added (20 Apr) post 25

jgs001

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a criticsm just and observation as I was playing with 20 min exposures as well last night... both out imgaes show horizontal banding.. which isnt removed by the bias subtraction... :)

Last nights experiment convinced me that I WONT be doing 20 min subs again anytime soon...

Peter....

Thanks Richie, I've not tried cropping it as yet. It's a tad noisy in there at the mo, I'm not sure how well it'll blow up. I don't have anywhere to host the full frame image, it's too big, but let me think about how to get it to you.

Gotcha Peter. Not a clue why, but I guess the sensors don't deal well with that sort of time scale. I'm going to do one or two more, but that's just to see how far I can push before the LP totally mucks up the image as an experiment. This could be an interesting comparative test hmmm

Archived