Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M3 and 92 14th April

MartinB

Hi Martin , couple of nice ones there mate , Globs are hard i find to do , getting the core right takes some doing , but you are about right there at the moment especially m3 ,just need to try and pull some outer stars a bit more, a lot of the Globs , do need some processing done on them to pull hidden detail out, i tried a bit on yours , got it better , but just not enough data to improve .

Cheers

Rog

Thanks everyone. I'm just learning how hard they are. Roger, you're spot on of course. I'm not sure how long to run the exposures for and how much gain/brigtness to use - getting detail in the core but bringing out the outer stars. I must have some more goes but any suggestions gratefully received

Not sure if Rog would agree but i think the best way is too run as long an exposure as you can before trail's get around 30 of them and then run some shorter exposures. After this use Layers in photoshop and you can remove the over exposed core whilst retaining the rest of the image and stars resolved throughout :lol:

James

trial and error i think James , i normally do mine anyway when there is no trace of a moon , exposure about 16 to 25 secs it depends on how it comes through on the night really, on martins setup i used the 6.3 reducer and 5x reducer ,to get mine, but made sure the focus was really sharp before going for it. i found the main part was in the processing , as u can see by mine in my web page , i have not bettered any since , fairly happy with what i got ,

Rog :lol:

Archived