What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

On 05/09/2024 at 19:43, Dave scutt said:

Hasn't been delivered yet but it's on its way.

Screenshot_20240905-194005.thumb.png.38cac35b73d524fb91030c98e3fb862e.png

Was it you who ordered it?? Can you send it back as I haven't seen the night sky in ages 😂

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/09/2024 at 09:58, Littleguy80 said:

Back from a trip to find this arrived while I was away. With a phone upgrade due thought it might be fun to test the cameras with this. IMG_5753.thumb.jpeg.748835da488e57f29c14fb4bfbd5643a.jpeg

Brilliant bit of kit! I’ve had the Celestron and other metal made ones but this beats them all.

• Thanks 1

Not through the post, collected as he only lived in the next town. 
Price? £50! and it still looks new. Most amazing thing though, it’s still got its dust caps! On the finder!!

Looking through the other pics, you’ll see I’ve got a liking for these.😍

The keen eyed amongst you will see the pillar for a TAL-2, yep got one of those as well, including the coffin!

chaz

IMG_8929.jpeg

IMG_8930.jpeg

IMG_8931.jpeg

IMG_8932.jpeg

IMG_8933.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b
Typo
  • Like 14

PCB's for the autofocusser turned up.  Last of the parts should arrive tomorrow.  Plan is to have a WiFi enabled and IR remote controlled autofocusser.  One version is for the TMC2209 driver, the other for a drv8825.

Only downside is that you have to order the PCBs in packs of 5.  If anyone wants a little project drop me a message and I can post a board.

Edit:  not picture, the tmc2208's I ordered because I can't read an AliExpress advert.

PXL_20240909_203720158.jpg

Edited by Ratlet
  • Like 7

New Baader Maxbright binoviewer arrived this morning - naturally it’s been raining non-stop ever since. 😉 Tried connecting it to my 1.25” T2 diagonal (non-Baader) but there are few issues, so I will probably order the Baader T2 diagonal to be on the safe side, to go with eyepieces which are also on the way - this is getting expensive! 

IMG_2016.thumb.jpeg.91f4b56b45fdb7a920519c3deb8074dd.jpeg

• Like 19

I havent bought anything for months 😇..

But I saw and bought this lovely (BIG!!) TeleVue Everbrite 2" diagonal..its a real Beast and solid as a rock..it will be ideal for my LVW set in 2" mode and my 23mm and 31mm Axiom LX UWAs, both 84-85 degrees and weighing, in the case of the 31mm, a fair bit more than a 31mm Nagler.

Came with a non original but very solid 2".to 1.25"adapter too..

Dave

20240910_202127.jpg

20240910_202140.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Typo
  • Like 19

23 minutes ago, Dave scutt said:

Wife just found this in a charity shop for a euro.

Any idea what it is

Snapchat-1571220373.thumb.jpg.3595e93ad521cea2510240662a41480d.jpg

It’s possibly a rapid cloud dispersal lens that’s been flagrantly vandalised! It’ll never work again .

chaz

• Haha 2

Delivery via Evri from AliExpress, first ever purchase this way.
To say I was nervous was an understatement.

IMG_9723.thumb.jpeg.af783e5f3e61b7c3a5a7ac42757b21ec.jpeg

I have a matching UFF for one I have had a very long time, now have an 18mm BinoView pair to try out 😃

IMG_9724.thumb.jpeg.000e9292bcd43cc5b9a884cd747f16c1.jpeg

Edited by Alan White
Pics added
  • Like 13

On 09/09/2024 at 21:42, Ratlet said:

PCB's for the autofocusser turned up.  Last of the parts should arrive tomorrow.  Plan is to have a WiFi enabled and IR remote controlled autofocusser.  One version is for the TMC2209 driver, the other for a drv8825.

Only downside is that you have to order the PCBs in packs of 5.  If anyone wants a little project drop me a message and I can post a board.

Edit:  not picture, the tmc2208's I ordered because I can't read an AliExpress advert.

PXL_20240909_203720158.jpg

I've also got a pack of 5 of the MyRotator PCBs to use with a DRV8825 if anyone wants one! 

PXL_20240902_121804454.MP.jpg

Edited by Martyn87
  • Like 2

On 07/09/2024 at 21:49, Ratlet said:

Selection of AliExpress's finest electronic components.  Mostly just connectors so I can have a tidy setup for the DIY autofocusser.  Really dig the gx12 connectors, they're a bit more robust than a plug for sure.  Also a small esp32 module for a side project.

PXL_20240907_202800831.jpg

@Ratlet I have a history with RC cars, plane and helicopters ( still own a big Trex 500E ) so I am very comfortable with this kinda stuff. I've got boxes of electronic bits n bobs, they usually always come in handy eventually! Those sockets in particular are rock solid, superb!

Clear Skies, Wes.

On 07/09/2024 at 23:49, Kon said:

Was it you who ordered it?? Can you send it back as I haven't seen the night sky in ages 😂

@Kon hahaha oh Kon please don't get me started! I've had just 7 clear nights THIS YEAR!! It's agony Kon!!

Clear Skies from Wes, Liverpool ( Bortle 7/8 )

• Sad 1

Postie delivered a few bits i needed to use the reducer/flattener for my 120ED. This is for EAA and I can't screw the reducer onto my Moonlite focuser nor would I want to as I would be swapping back to visual more often than not. The AE push fit adapter for the reducer, an AE M48-T2 adapter and a Baader T2 helical focuser to fine tune the 55mm back focus.

IMG_20240912_144834_809.thumb.jpg.99ac683f9d8162ba211e5bdc52b8bc96.jpg

• Like 12

These arrived today. This is my third copy of Starlight Nights. The other two are first edition hardbacks but this one has lovely photos of Peltier and his telescopes.

The book by Steven Coe has since been reprinted but I bought the older one. I found it by accident when searching for another book and read the first couple of chapters online. It looks fantastic and I think will be a great addition to my book collection.

IMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.b951865f7165aca6c92b16c006ab1fcc.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

These arrived today. This is my third copy of Starlight Nights. The other two are first edition hardbacks but this one has lovely photos of Peltier and his telescopes.

The book by Steven Coe has since been reprinted but I bought the older one. I found it by accident when searching for another book and read the first couple of chapters online. It looks fantastic and I think will be a great addition to my book collection.

IMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.b951865f7165aca6c92b16c006ab1fcc.jpeg

Like Taks, you can never have too many copies of Starlight Nights, Nicola.
Like you, I have 3: 2 original hardbacks and the newer softback.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Thats made me grin Jeremy, 

‘When I read Nicola’s post I thought, must be a Tak owner thing, your post now confirms my thoughts 😉

I love the Starlight Nights and do understand the need for a reading and a bookshelf copy.

• Haha 4

On 12/09/2024 at 22:05, JeremyS said:

I agree - it’s my favourite book on any topic. Thank you for recommending it to me a few years ago! 

Edited by Nicola Fletcher

3 hours ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

I agree - it’s my favourite book on any topic. Thank you for recommending it to me a few years ago! 

I read it annually.

Writing about it got me through Eng Lit O Level. I was allowed to read it instead of the Mayor of Casterbridge.

But then I didn’t have @ollypenrice as my teacher 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On the basis that you can never have too many Taks, I got another FC 76DCU from a well known member here. The aim is to piggy back on the C11, but trying it out on some solar on its own first

IMG_9858.thumb.jpeg.7d4e43794c5fbd91fa09320764433ebf.jpeg

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I read it annually.

Writing about it got me through Eng Lit O Level. I was allowed to read it instead of the Mayor of Casterbridge.

But then I didn’t have @ollypenrice as my teacher 

I have every trust in your recommendations Jeremy so I've tracked down a copy on Amazon -  £75 hardcover (for some reason paper back is £83) and £7 for Kindle version. I so love my electronic books.  That's this afternoon's reading sorted :) 

Jim 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, saac said:

I have every trust in your recommendations Jeremy so I've tracked down a copy on Amazon -  £75 hardcover (for some reason paper back is £83) and £7 for Kindle version. I so love my electronic books.  That's this afternoon's reading sorted :) 

Jim 

You won’t regret it Jim. You will be thinking “why didn’t I read this ages ago?”

If not, I’ll reimburse you 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, saac said:

Jim 

@saac @JeremyS The Kindles are brilliant for economic and unlimited choice reasons, but is it only me who still romanticises about holding and smelling a real physical book? 📖📓😊

• Like 5
  • Haha 1