Narrowband

SW 120ED is it a 113ED?

THe has been a post on cloudy nights forum stating that Mr Rohr link http://www.astro-foren.de/showthread.php?t=10479. (sorry in German) when testing the Skywatcher 120ED Refractor found that it had been stopped down to 113mm.:):eek:

Can anyone here shed any light on if it is true or not?

Bit of a worry, if it is true, can I get a discount ??

Pizza

with 120ED or is it a 113??

I can't read the German but theres a lot of out focus travel on the stock focuser for a f 7.5 scope. When I changed mine for a WO model it was very apparent that the WO focuser had a lot less inward travel that might impinge on the light path.:)

I've just checked my ED120 and I can easily see all of the objective from a distance with the focuser racked in any position.

I can't read the German but theres a lot of out focus travel on the stock focuser for a f 7.5 scope. When I changed mine for a WO model it was very apparent that the WO focuser had a lot less inward travel that might impinge on the light path.:)

I've just checked my ED120 and I can easily see all of the objective from a distance with the focuser racked in any position.

Hi Gaz,

Could you elaborate more on your last sentence, I am being a bit thick probably but what exactly are you doing to check that you can see all the objective?

pizza

Its "quick and dirty" but if you look down the scope from roughly where the scope would come to focus allowing for the diagonal and you can see all the objective without moving your eye then allls well.

Its a bit of a bodge because you can move your eye without realizing it or guess the focus distance wrong but it'll give you an idea.

....Its a bit of a bodge because you can move your eye without realizing it or guess the focus distance wrong but it'll give you an idea.

Would using a collimation cap help ? - then at least you could be sure that your eye was central in the focal path.

John

Archived