Power Packs for HEQ5 Pro

I got a 12V/100AH generator/backup battery on ebay for £35, after getting fed up with these mickey mouse 17AH "power pack" things constantly draining down after a couple of hours imaging. It's heavy but it gets the job done and never lets me down.

Leisure battery or marine batteries are great, especially for star parties.

Regards, Chris

Megrez 90, Equinox 80, QHY8, EQ6+EQMOD

http://portableastronomer.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheap and cheerful is always good! Just bought one myself on ebay. If you are imaging, I noticed on another posting someone was advocating separating the power source you use to power the camera to that used to power the mount etc. to reduce the electronic noise that goes into the camera.

If you are imaging, I noticed on another posting someone was advocating separating the power source you use to power the camera to that used to power the mount etc. to reduce the electronic noise that goes into the camera.

So long as you eliminate earth loops, which are likely to occur when multiple power sources are involved. Dump a whacking great capacitor across the 12V input socket of sensitive kit, that's the best way to get rid of electronic noise transmitted over the power cables.

Archived