Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some nice white light viewing with the 102EDR

RobertI

Had a lovely session in the peace and tranquility of the garden. Found a nice spot under the shade of the awning where I could sit and view in comfort. Plenty to see with the Hershel wedge and binoviewers. Tried some captures for posterity using my phone. The first one was at around 150x I think and the second was at around 300x. Sorry for all the dust bunnies and hairs! 

168F5A8B-7605-4F79-86F9-F168068F88CD.thumb.jpeg.9f530adfd56f91ced5fd72c48b4ddbe1.jpeg

343A54DF-F0C1-409B-9519-CE4338369A77.thumb.jpeg.3e288514194583333938902cb376775c.jpeg

9CCEF307-7DE4-4578-9ADB-777F0DCDC7B3.thumb.jpeg.639c1abb07ab7bb63c83f5a69a8ddfe3.jpeg

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 11

That's a good way of keeping your head in the shade. I use a scope cover but it can get hot under a cover and it adds to the vibes a little. Unfortunately I don't think I would get political approval for an awning.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Paz said:

That's a good way of keeping your head in the shade. I use a scope cover but it can get hot under a cover and it adds to the vibes a little. Unfortunately I don't think I would get political approval for an awning.

Awnings are great. They are also good for health. We got one installed after my wife got melanoma (now treated)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Awnings are great. They are also good for health. We got one installed after my wife got melanoma (now treated)

It wasn’t cheap but so pleased I got one. The current trend seems to be for houses to have massive bifold doors (I’m not a not a huge fan personally!) which turns the room into a greenhouse. The awning has really helped reduce the temperature in the house, create some privacy and allows enjoyment of the garden in the shade. It’s been a real boon. Glad your wife was successfully treated Jeremy, not a pleasant thing to go through. 

• Like 2