Narrowband

End to my Venus imaging season (9/6/23)

Kon

Although Venus is getting larger the actual illuminated area is decreasing. I thought I would have a few more weeks of imaging but it is already looking to have less surface area than last weekend, which to me where the best conditions and hard to replicate anytime soon. This is my last poor attempt from tonight as the weather forecast is looking awful for the next few days. I might try an IR capture when it is at its biggest size (a very thin crescent). Clouds are looking different from a few days ago. This capture was through clouds so not the best end to the season but good for the record. It was fun doing Venus and I am looking forward to Saturn and Jupiter soon. My usual 8" Dob and asi462mm setup.

image.png.655ca3441f891d29a4273c9a82eb5d6a.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NenoVento said:

Hey @Kon, It has been an insparation to follow your posts on Venus these months.

Best regards,

NV

Thanks. Your images have been great to follow as well.

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

You did well. A record of this years UV cloud. Cheap filter and no drives. Yet quality is top notch. 

Thanks Neil. I am glad to have bought the mono camera as a result of Craig's generosity and give it a good try. Let's see what we get with the gas giants soon.

You've been a trailblazer these last few weeks Kostas. I've been inspired by your work on Venus and have spent a lot of money as a result but its been worth it!  Completley echo what Neil said about your remarkable collection of images.

Seeing was horrendous last night but we can look forward as you say to the big 2 later this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

You've been a trailblazer these last few weeks Kostas. I've been inspired by your work on Venus and have spent a lot of money as a result but its been worth it!  Completley echo what Neil said about your remarkable collection of images.

Seeing was horrendous last night but we can look forward as you say to the big 2 later this year.

Thanks Stuart. It's nice to hear the positive comments from both of you, thanks. Saying that, your images are on a different level and I do follow closely what you produce and try to get close.

I am glad you found the investment on 462m worth while the same way I did.

A few weeks off before I start again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

A fine image to finish on, been a great view weeks for you, thank you for sharing your images.

Thanks Pete. I am glad you enjoyed them.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 19:54, Kon said:

Thanks Stuart. It's nice to hear the positive comments from both of you, thanks. Saying that, your images are on a different level and I do follow closely what you produce and try to get close.

I am glad you found the investment on 462m worth while the same way I did.

A few weeks off before I start again.

Thanks Kostas but I'm sure if you had a bigger DOB with tracking you'd be looking down at my level 😉