Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick North America with my mate's Canon RP to get him hooked

powerlord

Last night I got a mate round with his Canon R5 and RP to let him try the observatory with a clear night forecase. For some reason the R5 refused to recognised usb - from asiair or even from a pc we later checked which was a pity, so instead we used his RP - sticking it on the end of my Stellmira 90ED with  a FF and L-ultimate. Some of the stars turned out a bit weird, so I think for whatever reason the back focus was a bit off, even though we just used a standard EF 48mm mount and his RP adapter.

I figured even with it being a regular canon, they'd be plenty Ha that would still get through, and that turned out to be the case.

With 21 x 5 min subs, it still out ok - and I think he's hooked enough now to go buy himself a star tracker (or I'll flog him one of my AZ GTIs) - so success.

NorthAmericanNebula.thumb.jpg.2df303397ae2d2154b41f4dd044461fe.jpg

quote: "I can't believe my wee camera came up with that!" - astrophotographer to be 🙂

stu

• Like 5