SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Avx delrin disc

GiNTiNi

I've purchased an avx from a deceased estate. I've bought an adm saddle to upgrade it, when I took the old saddle off, the plastic delrin disc is missing. I cannot go any further until I can get a replacement part. Can anyone point me in the right direction to source one ? I've checked online and come up blank.

20230608_112622.jpg

Edited by GiNTiNi

So why would it need a delrin disk there and why is it missing?

Writing as a mechanical engineer, I would say it would have a gasket there to take up any irregularity in the flat machined surfaces. If you can't find a gasket of suitable diameter on ebay, you could make your own of some suitable material.

17 minutes ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

So why would it need a delrin disk there and why is it missing?

Writing as a mechanical engineer, I would say it would have a gasket there to take up any irregularity in the flat machined surfaces. If you can't find a gasket of suitable diameter on ebay, you could make your own of some suitable material.

When I purchased the mount, it was already missing, as I stated I purchased it from a deceased estate so it's impossible to ask a dead person why they removed it !

What I don't want to do is bodge the mount in any way. The part is fitted from new so it should have the part.

It's been quite a few years but I also upgraded to the ADM on my Avx and very worthwhile indeed, astetically and functional, great bit of kit

I seem to recall having to change both the puck and the saddle, can't remember a delrin shim, although it quite possibly may have🤔

57 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

It's been quite a few years but I also upgraded to the ADM on my Avx and very worthwhile indeed, astetically and functional, great bit of kit

I seem to recall having to change both the puck and the saddle, can't remember a delrin shim, although it quite possibly may have🤔

Hi

It's definitely fitted as standard. Usually held in place by grease so you might not have noticed at the time.