Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Enhancing your LEGO International Space Station with Real Time Tracker

Dark Raven

Some time ago I got a Lego ISS Ideas Set 21321 as a gift. It was fun building it with the kids and as it stood on the shelf, I did not pay much attention to it aside from occasional dust off.

image.png.19094370f018c061e205658f4ffc8d96.png

That is until looking for something completely else I stumbled up on RPI ISS real time Tracker.

ProtoStax_ISS_Tracker.gif.8a6703209b34fd89a9b2c112b2bc8bff.gif

Idea came to mind and few days later I ordered the parts. Spent another weekend with the kids assembling the tracker and combining it with the Lego set. 
None of it is my work, but simple monkey see, monkey do.

LegoISSTracker.thumb.jpeg.37cdc37f8ff298dc0f4aa9c909bdc521.jpeg

I used RPI Zero W. For further instructions, see the International Space Station Tracker Tutorial at Hackster.io

Came out all right I´d say and makes it fun to look at.

• Like 10

Got my display today for this, but didn’t realise that it was just the black and white version with no red in the display to show the track of the ISS. :( 

Got the correct version coming from Ebay, so should get it later in the week. The black and white one will come in handy for another project though. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dark Raven said:

Don't forget to show us when you make it.

Sadly when the display arrived yesterday the seller from ebay has sent the version without the keys on, so waiting for a response back from them if they have they version they advertised with the keys. If not I’ll ask for a refund and source another one from elsewhere. I just ordered the Protostax case to from the US, so await that to arrive as well. Managed to get tracker to close down with pressing one of the keys on the black and white e ink display I have at least, so slowly moving forward.

• Like 1

As it stands at the moment with the black and white display. Use the key4 on the display to shut it down. Track shows up OK in grey, but would look better if I  can get the display with red in fingers crossed.

IMG_2990.thumb.jpeg.374544916ff9f00817e5fbec67bda0df.jpeg

Edited by Knighty2112
  • Like 1