SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51 - over a couple of nights, new image with more data

sinbad40

Hi All,

So this is another work in progress, managed to get a couple of reasonable clear night to get a couple of hours of data for M51.  Hope to grab another couple of nights this week, and then have a full go at the editing side to clean it up.

m51-part4-3.jpg

Edited by sinbad40
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, sinbad40 said:

Hi All,

So this is another work in progress, managed to get a couple of reasonable clear night to get a couple of hours of data for M51.  Hope to grab another couple of nights this week, and then have a full go at the editing side to clean it up.

m51-part4-3.jpg

@sinbad40 Awesome M51 mate! I was imaging M51 myself last night. Using my 200/1000 newtonian reflector and Canon EOS T1i DSLR camera. I am still processing data so will post mine up here later when finished. I have really struggled with the processing side of the hobby. I'm making very slow, but steady progress, so I guess that ain't too bad! LOL. Your M51 looks awesome, what scope and camera did you use?

Wes, Liverpool, UK. ( Bortle 7 )

Just now, wesdon1 said:

@sinbad40 Awesome M51 mate! I was imaging M51 myself last night. Using my 200/1000 newtonian reflector and Canon EOS T1i DSLR camera. I am still processing data so will post mine up here later when finished. I have really struggled with the processing side of the hobby. I'm making very slow, but steady progress, so I guess that ain't too bad! LOL. Your M51 looks awesome, what scope and camera did you use?

Wes, Liverpool, UK. ( Bortle 7 )

Used the SW 120ED for this with the Altair 533 and L-enhanced filter.  Part of Merseyside myself with bortle 6.  Hope it stays clear for another couple of nights ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sinbad40 said:

Used the SW 120ED for this with the Altair 533 and L-enhanced filter.  Part of Merseyside myself with bortle 6.  Hope it stays clear for another couple of nights ;)

@sinbad40 Oh right, so you have also been enjoying this incredible run of cloudless clear nights we've been getting in Northwest England!? I've never seen anything like it in 7 years visual Astro, and 8 months astrophotography imaging!? It's amazing!

Oh right brilliant mate! I really want one of those 120ED by Skywatcher, they look awesome for the money! I'm currently also saving up for a ALTAIR ASTRO dedicated astronomy camera, and your 533 Cooled model was/is actually one of two or three I'm considering.

Yes I think the weather will still be clear for another couple of nights. 

• Like 1

• sinbad40 changed the title to M51 - over a couple of nights, new image with more data