Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus UV/OSC June 3rd

Super seeing again last night. Super QHY462 mono cam too!

The artifact on the false colour image is doing my nut! Its not ana alignment point line. I've tried different images combined and its still there. Seems to be something winjupos derot of rgb is doing but why I don't know!

2023-06-03-1946_1-2023-06-03-1941_4-SJG-L-Ven_pipp_lapl4_ap7 reg analy best.png

2023-06-03-1946_1-SJG-LR(G)B.png

2023-06-03-2048_1-SJG-RGB-Ven_lapl5_ap16 reg analy.png

2023-06-03-1946_1-SJG-LR(G)B bright reg balance.png

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 9

They look great! It seems some weird pixilation has happened. I assume you don't see it in the sharpened RGB?

I am still going through my captures from yesterday. It's looking good for today too.

Thanks Kostas & Neil! I've put up the colour image. As you can see no line on that either.  Also tweaked the colour balance on false colour to take off the blue. Not easy when its in daylight.

Yep, conditions are what you dream about at the moment. Make hay while the sun shines as they say!

Ok,  I know whats causing the line. Too much time between UV and colour images in winjupos. . One hour. Tried a later UV and theres no line.

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 1

I've done a quick clone touch up on the artifact line. Only took a few secs. It seems if there is a gap over 40 mins between UV and OSC shots the winjupos produces a seam I'm assuming caused by field rotation.

2023-06-03-1946_1-SJG-LR(G)B bright reg balance.png

• Like 2

On 06/06/2023 at 06:20, Pete Presland said:

Really fine images again, good to see you have sorted the artefact out on the colour image.

Thanks again Pete. I was going to try video derotation to fix the field rotation but it appears that winjupos does not have video derotation  for Venus.