SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Right to dark

Scosmico

I didn’t add my name as my domicile is France. Furthermore I am not allowed a vote in the UK or here. 
In fact I am not allowed to vote in any election vote or referendum at all.

No taxation without representation 🤣 oh no! Have I broken the no politics rule? 
Marvin

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

I didn’t add my name as my domicile is France. Furthermore I am not allowed a vote in the UK or here. 
In fact I am not allowed to vote in any election vote or referendum at all.

No taxation without representation 🤣 oh no! Have I broken the no politics rule? 
Marvin

It's the same as in the UK, my wife has lived in the in the UK for nearly 25 years, however she isn't allowed to vote in General Elections (only Local Elections) and wasn't in the EU Referendum.

John 

I am going to reply but might have to add a countdown clock to moderator intervention.

Firstly I am not making any political statements, just statements of fact as I know them. Secondly I will not endorse or side with views of any political party or person.

The fact that I am denied a vote anywhere is a matter of circumstance and a consequence of events outside my control.

I would love to add my name to this petition but don’t think I legally could.

Marvin

11 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

I am going to reply but might have to add a countdown clock to moderator intervention.

Firstly I am not making any political statements, just statements of fact as I know them. Secondly I will not endorse or side with views of any political party or person.

The fact that I am denied a vote anywhere is a matter of circumstance and a consequence of events outside my control.

I would love to add my name to this petition but don’t think I legally could.

Marvin

If you are a British citizen then you can sign it, you do not need to be resident nor do you need to be a franchised voter. 

Jim 

Just now, saac said:

If you are a British citizen then you can sign it, you do not need to be resident nor do you need to be a franchised voter. 

Jim 

Wow, something I can finally vote for. If it is successful then my mate Sean in Basingstoke can get his neighbours 10,000w of lighting shining down the garden instead of up the back of everyone’s houses😂

I signed the petition as soon as I heard of it - months ago.
I think there were a couple of hundred signatures at the time.

Today I see 1460 signatures.

Many SGLers spend thousands on scopes, cameras, etc.
Moans about light pollution, or questions about handling it, or questions about dark sites frequently appear on SGL.
So why have o few from SGL (not to mention wildlife and energy waste groups) signed up?

I could contribute reasons, or ask more questions but it is too much effort🤔.

• Like 2

Signed.

I would love some of the businesses to take heed of the light pollution issue. Penrith is actually quite good in terms of street lighting. Although it is LED, it is low intensity and all points downward. 90% of the light pollution is the industrial estates and the golf driving range who seem to think it is necessary to light up the entire sky to keep an eye on a few wagons.......

• Like 1