Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dead Camera

Pretty sure this is a return to ZWO situation but asking here anyway. My 294mc pro won't connect, red light comes on but fan doesn't start up and no usb connection in nina or device manager. 

Sent my 290mc for repair last year and was fast and quite cheap, anyone sent an out of warranty 294 back and what did it cost? 

On 03/06/2023 at 22:36, Anthonyexmouth said:

Pretty sure this is a return to ZWO situation but asking here anyway. My 294mc pro won't connect, red light comes on but fan doesn't start up and no usb connection in nina or device manager. 

Sent my 290mc for repair last year and was fast and quite cheap, anyone sent an out of warranty 294 back and what did it cost? 

so fan won't start unless you have both power to usb an to 12 volts. check the usb cable and that the port it's plugged into can supply sufficient current. If you have other things on the same usb buss the can drain too much power, so unplug other devices. 

5 hours ago, Adam J said:

so fan won't start unless you have both power to usb an to 12 volts. check the usb cable and that the port it's plugged into can supply sufficient current. If you have other things on the same usb buss the can drain too much power, so unplug other devices. 

I checked all that. It's a permanent setup, just stopped working. I dropped it into flo this afternoon. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Windows can cut power on a USB port if it detects a problem with the port. Mine just did exactly the same. camera wouldn't connect. I assume you've tried more than one port

yeah, i popped into FLO a couple fo weeks ago, its getting a new mainboard

• Like 1