SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venusian clouds under windy conditions (01/06/23)

Kon

Despite the nice looking skies this afternoon, the winds did not help with this capture. The focus kept changing constantly. The Venusian clouds are there but very soft. False colour IR/sG/UV. 8" Dob, manual, asi426mm, UV and IR filters, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.1e0cef0a89cc903b98d73eea6100db89.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Plenty of detail none the less. Congratulations on your ZWO award Kostas 👏

Been very busy here all week hopefully get another crack at Venus this weekend.

Thanks Stuart. Yes very chuffed with the ZWO selection. It gives me confidence on my processing but that image I submitted was under the best conditions I had so far with Venus. 

I am looking froward to seeing more images from your mono captures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Thanks Stuart. Yes very chuffed with the ZWO selection. It gives me confidence on my processing but that image I submitted was under the best conditions I had so far with Venus. 

I am looking froward to seeing more images from your mono captures.

There's a lot of skill involved in your imaging before you've even started processing that's for sure.

I was thinking, considering you are shooting earlier in the day at 50+ degrees have you considered video derotation for the field rotation?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

There's a lot of skill involved in your imaging before you've even started processing that's for sure.

I was thinking, considering you are shooting earlier in the day at 50+ degrees have you considered video derotation for the field rotation?

Good point on derotation; I will investigate. Saying that, wouldn't PIPP stabilisation deal with that? I always put my captures through PIPP with quality prefiltering.

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Good point on derotation; I will investigate. Saying that, wouldn't PIPP stabilisation deal with that? I always put my captures through PIPP with quality prefiltering.

I've not heard of Pipp fixing field rotation. I did try it on a solar sequence a few weeks ago and it had no effect on the field rotation. At 50 degrees you're getting a fair bit of field rotation. The better data might show some benefit from derotation. 

31 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I've not heard of Pipp fixing field rotation. I did try it on a solar sequence a few weeks ago and it had no effect on the field rotation. At 50 degrees you're getting a fair bit of field rotation. The better data might show some benefit from derotation. 

I thought the PIPP stabilisation would take care of this unless I am misunderstanding. I will give it a try in Winjupos.

• Kon changed the title to Venusian clouds under windy conditions (01/06/23)