Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flats not working but only in DSS

Using my 200pds i have had issues with flats in dss  or so i thought but i ran same files in Astap and Siril (pre processing script ) and flats work fine ,dust bunnies removed anyone any idea why DSS  flats not working ,Darks ,Dark flats and Flats used ,i use a EL panel as light scource ,1 sec flats  histogram approx one third ,1.2 sec flats give an ADU of 25000 using a zwo533mc ,ir blcking filter ,i tried various alogorithms in DSS to no avail ,asap normalizes the flat to compensate for colour shift if a white scource not used and i would say the El panel is not a true white scource  other than that i cant see why dss fails to correct , using my 70 mm refractor and an ipad as light scource flats are fine in Dss if my memory serves me correctly .

Its not just that, when using Siril you actually think about each step and what to do (and see the result each step and rectify along the way if needed), with DSS it's pretty much load and go, I still use it but usually if I just want a quick stack to look at.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elp said:

Its not just that, when using Siril you actually think about each step and what to do (and see the result each step and rectify along the way if needed), with DSS it's pretty much load and go, I still use it but usually if I just want a quick stack to look at.

Yes I think your right just need to get my head around manually using it rather than script’s, always  found it a bit confusing and remembering workflow, I must give another go .