SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A mosaic of Sadr and the crescent nebula

Hello :) 

Nebula season is almost there! Since the Moon was up and Cygnus is starting to be higher in the sky, I thought I'd photograph the Sadr area and do a mosaic to include the Crescent nebula, which I have never imaged before. This will be an SHO image.

I started this project a couple nights ago and did a first panel of Ha. Last night, I did the second panel. I quickly processed both panels at the same time and stitched them in PixInsight. I'm still blown away by the result of the stitching, I have no idea how it works but it's just so powerful, you can't even see the "stitches"!

Anyway, thought I'd share a preview of what it will look like :) That's 4+6 hours of data so far, taken with my William Optics WhiteCat 51, ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro, Astrodon 3nm Ha and mounted on a RainbowAstro RST-135.

Can't wait to produce an SHO image! Although the OIII and SII will certainly be less glorious than the Ha, but I guess I'm used to it now :)  

Clear skies!

Sadr2023_05.30MosaicHav01_BXT_NXT_DBE.thumb.jpg.59010c916f00793cab38d0a02d19db30.jpg

• Like 18