SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It’s hard to concentrate on observing when….

Stu

…… you have this little thing constantly wanting you to throw her ball for her! 🤪🤣

Lovely views of the Moon tonight through the 128 and binoviewers. Schröter’s Valley looking amazing.

IMG_7996.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Oh my! That expression :)

Is there any doubt that ball being thrown is the most important thing in her life... well, at that moment anyway! 

Ours went swimming on the beach tonight. Two exhausted 2 year old puppies! :)

• Haha 1

I had a hard day at work and had to do the “cooking”, well, in charge of a BBQ. So, decided that I was too tired even though the sku and moon did look good. 

However, to me the ball in your picture looks more like a turnip. But maybe that’s just me! 

• Haha 3

A couple more.

She is also two, and despite a long walk today remains full of energy 🤪. It’s when she keeps dropping the ball against the tripod that it gets a bit annoying!! 

8F67D766-BBE7-4908-A58C-FDD22A57646F.jpeg

BFECC682-D116-46B1-85B4-995DB0BFC65C.jpeg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PeterStudz said:

However, to me the ball in your picture looks more like a turnip. But maybe that’s just me! 

It does rather, but it’s her favourite and fortunately is one of the few toys she can’t destroy in 5 minutes flat!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

It does rather, but it’s her favourite and fortunately is one of the few toys she can’t destroy in 5 minutes flat!

I thought it was a Turnip too. Mine and Lorna's least desirable veg. We both detest it.

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I thought it was a Turnip too. Mine and Lorna's least desirable veg. We both detest it.

We were that poor when I was a boy, we used to carve out turnips at Halloween and put a candle inside.

Ok, fair enough, pumpkins probably weren't invented back then.. 🤣 

11 hours ago, Paul M said:

Oh my! That expression :)

Yes, it’s a kind of Paddington Bear stare! Bores right through you and you know exactly what she wants! 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Stu said:

Yes, it’s a kind of Paddington Bear stare! Bored right through you and you know exactly what she wants! 🤣

The expression says, "if you love me, dad...."

Pretty much like when I get home after a 12 hour shift and the "pups" line up in front of me with that same expression, awaiting their long evening walk :)

Wouldn't be without it. When our old girl died, just 2 years ago, we lasted only a few weeks before needing to "fix" things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

You have this little thing constantly wanting you to throw her ball for her! 🤪🤣

Lovely views of the Moon tonight through the 128 and binoviewers. Schröter’s Valley looking amazing.

IMG_7996.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

A face it's impossible to say NO to! 💕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul M said:

We were that poor when I was a boy, we used to carve out turnips at Halloween and put a candle inside.

Ok, fair enough, pumpkins probably weren't invented back then.. 🤣 

Since pumpkins are not native to Europe (an American veg) it actually was traditional to celebrate All Saints Day (IIRC four days of Halloween back then) by giving out food to the poor (sweet cakes, or apples and pears if you didn't have those) and by putting candles (at the time, very expensive) into hollowed out turnips to "keep the bad spirits away".

So actually you were practicing the original British tradition :) 

• Like 1

As for the animal assistance mentioned in this thread: Whenever I go out to the garden to observe or image, I get a little fluffy assistant (bengal cat called Winston) who sits by the apple tree and watches me. Whenever I go to walk back inside he pounces on my feet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2023 at 20:06, Sunshine said:

Very nice, better than the squadrons of mosquitos coming at me with kamikaze like zeal, sometimes I have to give up and bring the scope in.

I live by a lake in the southeast US so I know the mosquito problem all too well, not sure if it’s available in Canada but Yard Guard in its various brands keeps them away for awhile. I spray it around my observation site a good 10-20 minutes before I go to set up my scope and it keeps them away for several hours. However our air is pretty still in the summer barring the rare breeze or evening updrafts mixing it up. 

And to not be off topic to respond to Stu’s question 1. Lucky to have a dog that wants to play mine just wants to sleep constantly 🤣 and 2. I would have to say when I am out in the early evening and I see clouds and hear thunder in the distance that makes things more difficult. I am always worried it might start raining any minute and I won’t have time to pack it all in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1