Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alpine Valley May 27th @f17 QHY5-iii-585c

Space Cowboy

Processing 4k colour images is putting my laptop and pc to their limit. I've got a full crescent mosaic from the 25th in the pipeline but for now here is a single capture from the 27th.

Auto Dob 250 & QHY5-iii-585+ext+adc+2x ultima= f17

Alpine valley f15 May 27th.png

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I must be going colour blind as this looks so green.

On my 4k 32" the right limb looks slightly green. The left limb a bluer tint. Color affected by the conditions maybe. Normally a consequence of not having a dark sky when taken. Doesn't look too bad to me.

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

On my 4k 32" the right limb looks slightly green. The left limb a bluer tint. Color affected by the conditions maybe. Normally a consequence of not having a dark sky when taken. Doesn't look too bad to me.

I'd been looking at your mono Lunar Neil and came to this and was struck by the green. Must be my eyes or the heat! As you say the sky wasn't dark during capture. 

Need to get back to processing the f17 full crescent mosaic. Unfortunately processing each pane individually produces variable colour balance.  I need to get more familiar with gimp as it seems the only program on my system that can handle the beast as a whole.

28 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I'd been looking at your mono Lunar Neil and came to this and was struck by the green. Must be my eyes or the heat! As you say the sky wasn't dark during capture. 

Need to get back to processing the f17 full crescent mosaic. Unfortunately processing each pane individually produces variable colour balance.  I need to get more familiar with gimp as it seems the only program on my system that can handle the beast as a whole.

I've noticed that. Gimp takes very large files

• Space Cowboy changed the title to Alpine Valley May 27th @f17 QHY5-iii-585c