Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

George

SGL4 weather

Well someone had to bring the subject up :)

So post your predictions, insider information or local knowledge here.

Edited by George

I'm convinced that the last week in April's weather is going to be magnifico bordering on sensational. Can't imagine it being any different really.

Ron.

Here's the weather pulse forecast for Hereford.

For my local area this forcast is 90%+ accurate, so i have a good feeling for SGL4 :)

Thursday 23rd Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 10s and lows in the low 4s.

Friday 24th Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 10s and lows in the low 4s.

Saturday 25th Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 10s and lows in the low 4s.

Sunday 26th Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 10s and lows in the low 4s.

I don't know about Hereford but I know that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in Taunton will be very clear... :)

Met office maps are looking pretty grim now, low pressure centred over the UK from Friday.

I am hoping that they have got it wrong again! Fingers crossed.

Pizza

The forecast seems to change from hour to hour so I won't give up hope. Anyway, if the skies are grey, we'll just have to decamp to the nearest pub (dratt!)

According to meteoblue.com tonight is total cloud cover.

It's looking like it'll be cloudy Friday night up to about 2am-3am Saturday when it'll clear up. Saturday night looks better with low cloud starting to build up about 10pm-11pm.

astroforecast.org predicts above average transparency from 9pm onwards for Saturday through to dawn Sunday.

Of course we all know the above is not set in stone. At least it won't be cold and it's not likely to rain.

According to the the weather we (Welsh Marches north of Herefordshire) have clear skies tonight as yesterday. Last night was cloud all night. Tonight is grey all over.

With a meteor shower around we always reckon (from experience) cloudy and wet is more likely. Of course some nights are the exception to this with one shower giving fantastic results on the wrong night but only here it seems. (Sky at night and BAA never mentioned it saying it was only good in Turkey or somewhere) Meanwhile here the old lady up the road thought she had gone deaf with non stop lightening flashing on her curtains from 3am to dawn at rates of 1 a second or more but no thunder. She was most reassured to find we had been out watching the show.

But, going back to the weather the midlands west forecast seems to be for lows and rain over the weekend round here. Sorry chaps - hope they are wrong.