Narrowband

Who Needs help Pitching At SGL4

Greg

The do have 'trips' Mick, but I'm not sure that it will be an RCB, and may be just a current overload breaker.

When out on damp grass with mains power, I would recommend a 'plug in' RCB, just to be sure.

If the 'power post' does have an RCB, then having another at your end does no harm.

However, if you don't use an RCB, then finding out the 'hard way' that the 'power post' doesn't have one either, might not be the best plan!! :)

Dave

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry this has already been asked and answered but will it be possible to have cars adjacent to pitches or do they need to be parked some way away ?. I'll be on the rally field Saturday / Sunday.

John

I've had a go at the tent already (once last weekend) so should be cool with that.

However, I would really appreciate some 'setting up scope properly' help for imaging.

Currently it takes me an hour.. maybe more to align and get set up. Have bought WCS and used it twice.. but never seems to be correct on the easterly star.. so some guidance would be really appreciated!

Will have plenty of beers in exchange for some pointers :)

Sorry this has already been asked and answered but will it be possible to have cars adjacent to pitches or do they need to be parked some way away ?. I'll be on the rally field Saturday / Sunday.

John[/quote

Hi John,

I think you park on your pitch

Helen

John[/quote

Hi John,

I think you park on your pitch

Helen

Thanks Helen :)

Thats good - I'm using my daughters tent and it's not too big ..... :)

I'll need the car boot for some extra stowage.

John

However, I would really appreciate some 'setting up scope properly' help for imaging.

Currently it takes me an hour.. maybe more to align and get set up. Have bought WCS and used it twice.. but never seems to be correct on the easterly star.. so some guidance would be really appreciated!

Will have plenty of beers in exchange for some pointers :)

No worries, I use WCS and should be able to help you out :).

Tony..

Apologies I meant a gazebo..Not marquee...:)

I couldn't think of the name:iamwithstupid:

It's about 10' x 10' so will sit nicely outside the tea tent! :( For lounging and chatting :)

Define "found"

Bad news.....Back of the garage :)

Good news....I found a bag to put it in....:)

Bad news..... can't remember what the bag was for...:)

Errr...bad news...Won't know if all the bits are there until I get there tomorrow....:(

So if you see a Welshman shouting and swearing at a load of poles and canvas either stay clear (For your own safety) Or pop over with a glass of Merlot and make my day!!

Hi guys and thanks for all your earlier offers of help putting up my tent. I've had it all out and it measures 7.3 x 3.1m, so is rather large for one person, but it can be pitched easily enough by two people.

Although it's not as big as a marquee (or is it gazebo?) :)

I will definitely be arriving later than I would have liked. Leaving Hertfordshire around 5:30pm, so I should be joining you around 9:30pm.

Greg, can I take you up on your offer of PMing me your mobile number, so I can give you advance warning of my impending arrival?

Have a good excuse for being late as I'm taking a class of 14 year olds to an Astronomy Day at Herts Uni, so I'm doing my bit at spreading the word...

Anyhow, for those who can give me a hand, I'll no doubt have some beers handy, and for everyone else, watching a bunch of guys putting up a large tent in the dark, by red torch light should provide some entertaining spectator sport.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Richard

Archived