Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who Needs help Pitching At SGL4

Greg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea for a thread, Greg:).....

My wife and kids may be arriving separately to me so may need a hand before I arrive....

Anyway, a practical question: Where can we get an adaptor that allows me to plug in a normal, in the home, three point plug into the mains supply at the campsite? I was caught out by this when I went to Kelling in September...They didn't have any adaptors in the shop there!! Ideas anyone???:)

Must remember to bring my thingy whatsit.

And a funny hat by the sound of things....

Thanks for the offers of help from various tall/Welsh/kowledgeable people.

Any volunteers to help me with my SCT collimation over the weekend? My Bob's Knobs arrived today.

Which reminds me; why does Bob insist on having BOB'S KNOBS printed in big letters on the packet? :)

Very funny looks from the postman....

We'll be arriving Thursday teatime too, so we can help anyone who needs it....we'll have a white 80's VW camper (with an unpainted plywood roof vent....the old one blew off on the M3 :))

Cheers

Rob

What time do we have to be off the site on Sunday, guys?

Anyone know? Yesterday 09:08 PM

Normally by about 11am..

But i'll check on arrival and let everyone know..I wouldn't have thought there would be too much of a rush as it's only us on the rally field..

Well, I've just spent the last 1 1/2 hours, piching the new tent!

If anyone wants a laugh, just wait for a repeat episode when I arrive on Friday afternoon!

Then, if someone finds they can't take anymore laughing and gives a hand, then I'll be eternally grateful!

I pray to God it's not windy when I'm trying to put it up!!

Tents never used to be this difficult......did they??

Barry.

I'll be at pitch 360 arriving Saturday mid-day. I've never camped before or been to a star party before, so would appreciate some advice on which scope to bring. I have an Equinox 100 Pro, a Skywatcher 250 and an EQ6 mount. Tempted to bring just the SW 250 and dob mount that Starflier built then I won't need a power supply. And my wife may be induced to bake some goodies!

Well, I've just spent the last 1 1/2 hours, piching the new tent!

If anyone wants a laugh, just wait for a repeat episode when I arrive on Friday afternoon!

I hope you do realise that it's customary for the "Experienced" Campers to pull up a chair with a beer and watch others erect tents, just for a while anyway!!

Quite a good spectator sport!......:)

And my wife may be induced to bake some goodies!

If there's any bakewell slices going the above doesn't apply...:)

I hope you do realise that it's customary for the "Experienced" Campers to pull up a chair with a beer and watch others erect tents, just for a while anyway!!

Hmmm, perhaps I ought to arrive earlier, then once I've suffered, pull up a chair and watch the action unfold!! :)

Barry.

Hmm, perhaps I ought to arrive earlier, then once I've suffered, pull up a chair and watch the action unfold!

Barry.

Normally by about 11am..

But i'll check on arrival and let everyone know..I wouldn't have thought there would be too much of a rush as it's only us on the rally field..

Thanks Greg.

The same goes for people erecting caravan awings for the first time

Oh my gawd....the memories are flooding back.....

A couple of years ago...North Devon...Brand new van and a brand new awning and a force 10!!!

After about 40mins I was going to kill the wife and kids and shoot the dog!!

Then a couple of people took pity on me and helped out.. A glass of wine later all was well with the world..

If any of you are starting to struggle for goodness sake shout for help...There's nothing more frustrating than battling with tent poles...Don't be afraid to ask....

You absolutely must use an RCD protected camping adapter for the camping power sockets...

I thought all camping electric hook up boxes already had a built in RDC all you needed was the correct socket to connect

Archived