Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5 Guide Camera...

If using just as a guide cam as your title suggests then I'd say if it can see stars, guide on them then the old " if it ain't broke" saying springs to mind... If as with mine I needed abit more sensitivity to use PhD multi-star guiding and using it with a oag I bought a 290m version of the newer qhy 5... Awesome camera, alot more sensitive than the older model...

36 minutes ago, carastro said:

I am still using my trusty QHY5 and dread the day it packs up on me.  Doubt l will be able to replace with the same.  

Same here... I bought mine second hand around a decade ago so no idea how old it is, but it does the job so have no need to change it.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 22:38, Martyn Heard said:

Hi all I know it's been ten year, and I'm still using my QHY5, but thinking of upgrading,  does anyone have data sheet on the camera, as I would like to get something similar.  Thanks all.

in what way is it not working for you? If it is working for you then....

4 hours ago, Adam J said:

in what way is it not working for you? If it is working for you then....

I guess we'll never know as the OP hasn't responded since posting a week ago 

7 hours ago, malc-c said:

Same here... I bought mine second hand around a decade ago so no idea how old it is, but it does the job so have no need to change it.

I've had my QHY5 for at least that long. However, I purchased a new computer and a new OSC camera. I tried running it through my new Player One Poseidon C camera... it won't even recognize it. Maybe I don't have the proper drivers. Where would you even find them? Mine was sold under the name Kwik Guider. Anybody here of it...? I remember it giving me trouble installing it years ago..... driver issues. But I can't get N.I.N.A. to recognize it right. Any ideas, or better yet, anyone ever buy this particular brand name? Quick Guider or Kwik Guider ...? Thanks for any answers in advance...

By the way, I love the QHY5 Guider camera. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve not long swapped over to a QHY for guiding. Really performed well so far.

Only thing I’d consider is a larger guide scope possibly, mines a mini one. Far smaller than say a 50mm guide scope.

What size guide scope are you using?

Now I'm using an 80mm, but still like the 50mm for convenience. I purchased a ASI224 for guiding and it's working perfectly on both guide scopes. I'll be selling my QHY5 soon....?;^)