Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

North American Wonder!

Eddie

Hi Folks,

Managed to get some imaging done last Saturday. Did not get as much as I wanted to as I ended up playing with PEMPro. Not to mention the laptop died on me that night too :'(

Anyway, here is quick and rough process of NGC7000 aka North American Nebula.

Details: Borg 77EDII + DGL + Artemis 11002 + Astronomik Ha, 5x900s.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

(click for a bigger one)

NGC7000_small.jpg

Thanks Eddie...

It is my fav area of the whole sky probably because it was my very first widefield nebula target... last summer... I paid them an early season visit a good few weeks ago but cant wait for a proper session later in the year with the modded cams...

Peter

Good heavens ,GULP ,!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC EDDIE,what an image, and it has to be said ,the best i have seen of this area, i do love the way you process , really crispy feeling to it .and in Mono I LOVE MONO, just look at that depth .

Rog

Once again i say , give ya £50 quid for that camera Eddie ehheheheheh :)

PS and i have also noted the scope used

Thanks for all the great comments folks! :)

Dennis, I am impressed! I did not actually calibrate this image as my lappy died before I had a chance to get the cal frames. The darker parts around some of the stars are down to my quick processing of the image where I had done a selection of the stars and inverted it to do curves on the nebula rather than the stars, annoyingly I did not feather the selection and that is why I have the dark circles! Will reprocess when I can get some more data.

Eddie

Archived