SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Intricate Venus clouds (26/05/23)

Kon

I managed a very nice Venus session at daylight yesterday. 3x10min captures of which one had the best focus and seeing. I think that's the best cloud detail I have managed this apparition. The false colour was one of the easiest to process. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, 2.5xTV powermate, Astromania UV and IR filters.

image.png.3eccffffc2c7d5029ab6483327068942.png

• Like 9

Very nice! Seems like a photo from a mission to Venus, the clouds are very detailed indeed. I regularly look at Venus with my 120mm Mak and sometimes I convince myself that there are subtle variations in brightness. I guess I need UV vision to see the clouds properly.

There are still a few weeks when Venus will get larger and stay high in the sky to capture some more of these amazing images.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nik271 said:

Very nice! Seems like a photo from a mission to Venus, the clouds are very detailed indeed. I regularly look at Venus with my 120mm Mak and sometimes I convince myself that there are subtle variations in brightness. I guess I need UV vision to see the clouds properly.

There are still a few weeks when Venus will get larger and stay high in the sky to capture some more of these amazing images.

Thanks Nik. Yes it's getting interesting at the moment. A few more weeks before it's too thin for features. O have only managed a couple of times to visually see subtle differences.

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

That's a beauty! Reminds me of one of those power balls I had as a kid. So fascinating how the cloud structure changes in texture and contrast.

Thanks Stuart. A good session yesterday, and more nice weather this weekend. I am really enjoying Venus with the new features all the time.

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Vey nice detail. You have been a tour de force this apparition. Excellent work. 

Thanks Neil. I am really enjoying it and I am getting the hand of processing Venus without noise. I am also happy with this colour balance (it's  false colour anyways so it can be to my taste).

31 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks Steve. Good  seeing makes life easy. Have you managed any more UV sessions?

I tried the early in the week but it was very poor,  have been feeling under the weather for a couple of weeks so have not done much.

I have some solar data thats been sitting in the folder for a week.

10 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

I tried the early in the week but it was very poor,  have been feeling under the weather for a couple of weeks so have not done much.

I have some solar data thats been sitting in the folder for a week.

I hope you bounce back soon. It explains that  I hadn't seen you posting on the solar section.

• Thanks 1