Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice alignment tonight of crescent Moon and Venus with Mars nearby ….

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks, saw that too but it’s pretty cloudy here ☹️. Hope to catch a clear spell in a while

Yes. Now I look at the satellite picture it looks like it’s going to be cloudy here too. :( 

• Like 1

Very clear Blue evening sky here  approx. 1 mile as the crow flies from the eastern end of the runway at LGW,, some very high veiled cloud to the NW and a lot of what appear to be con trails. Both  Venus and the  Moon looking nice together as they were last night in role reversal as the moon rises highe rin the night sky  a little longer to wait for Mars. 

Edited by Naughty Neal
  • Like 1

Yep, beautiful view. Reminds me of why I got into this hobby in the first place.....

Nice view of the Petavius rille through the scope as well...

• Like 1

Just popped outside… bit hazy, but was able to snap this with my Lumix G9 and 100-400 zoom at 100mm.

Moon, Venus with Castor and Pollux (just visible) 😀

P1020069.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
Autocorrect error for Castor!
  • Like 6

I went out, but forgot to pack a star diagonal for the ‘scope. You would think that someone that has four 1.25” ones, I would remember to bring at least one of them! :BangHead:

IMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.88ee3dbb91616767692265131ae70efb.jpeg

I did let out/say an expletive :cussing: that sounds similar to Pollux... also visible along the top edge.  

Edited by RT65CB-SWL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lots of nice pics there. I had a look around 10:15 and then 11:00.  Both time very misty but I did take a look at them through bins. Not worth a photo, but a nice view anyway. :) 

• Like 2