Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Poor green tinted images (Nikon D7500)

I've been using my D7500 for a couple of years for both wide field Milky Way and AP via scope. Images have been great, but lately the images are very poor, even under decent seeing conditions. I'm getting an extreme green/yellow hue across the entire image. I have experienced this before, but to a much less severe degree and always been able to correct colour balance in PP. However, as the two images attached will show, this is something different altogether.

Has anyone encountered similar?

The first  image is a tracked single 60 sec exposure at ISO 800 (f2.8) using a Samyang 14mm ED. The second image is 32 x stacked using Sequator.

DSC_1222.png

Test SQ.png

Edited by recceranger
Forgot attachments
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Are there any other differences to previous images like lens or exposure length?

No, these are the same under same conditions/context. Before this issue arose my images were well colour balanced, even prior to post processing

This to me looks like typical light pollution. You may think nothing has changed but new led lights get put up quite frequently. Your bottom image is brighter because it's a stack of signal+light pollution, it's just stacking up to become brighter on average.

When you said green I was expecting a bright green flooded image, in such cases a green noise removal operation removes such an issue but your images don't show that. Background extraction will help with light pollution gradients. If you're not using Siril at the moment I'd recommend it, the above two operations are literal single button presses.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Elp said:

This to me looks like typical light pollution. You may think nothing has changed but new led lights get put up quite frequently. Your bottom image is brighter because it's a stack of signal+light pollution, it's just stacking up to become brighter on average.

When you said green I was expecting a bright green flooded image, in such cases a green noise removal operation removes such an issue but your images don't show that. Background extraction will help with light pollution gradients. If you're not using Siril at the moment I'd recommend it, the above two operations are literal single button presses.

TY, I’ll give Siril a go. Nothing like learning new post processing software! 😅🤦‍♂️