Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus UV/OSC May 21st 2023

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Excellent image Stuart. The clouds are so dynamic and always new features.

Thanks Kostas. As you say there's always a new look on Venus. Just wish I could eyeball it earlier but couldn't spot her until she was down at 31 degrees.

How on earth you get a view at 50 degrees in the full sunlight without a goto system I don't know. You must have a bionic eye 👁️🙂

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Thanks Kostas. As you say there's always a new look on Venus. Just wish I could eyeball it earlier but couldn't spot her until she was down at 31 degrees.

How on earth you get a view at 50 degrees in the full sunlight without a goto system I don't know. You must have a bionic eye 👁️🙂

You got really nice details at 31 degrees which I have not quite managed this season. Or it was a coincidence that my best weather was when I imaged higher up in the sky.

Regarding finding it at 50 degrees, it is still bright in the finder scope, you cannot miss it. I eyeball on Stellarium where it is and I have a few features on my garden that tell me the relative position (mostly from my ISS captures) and I scan up and down/left right. It takes 10 minutes or so. My wife says I have way too much patience to be doing this kind of hobby (even for my visual sessions).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kon said:

You got really nice details at 31 degrees which I have not quite managed this season. Or it was a coincidence that my best weather was when I imaged higher up in the sky.

Regarding finding it at 50 degrees, it is still bright in the finder scope, you cannot miss it. I eyeball on Stellarium where it is and I have a few features on my garden that tell me the relative position (mostly from my ISS captures) and I scan up and down/left right. It takes 10 minutes or so. My wife says I have way too much patience to be doing this kind of hobby (even for my visual sessions).

Takes me longer than that to find the end on a roll of cello tape 🧐

Maybe I should calibrate the stellarium screen to my garden horizon. So little time to capture once Venus hits 30 degrees. Just getting it at 35 would make a big difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Some great structure coming through. Good capture. Its annoying when trans doesn't play ball with seeing. But you still got a great shot

Thanks Neil. It's been like that ever since I got back into imaging. Good seeing = bad trans, good trans = bad seeing.

Not sure if I've already mentioned It but i can't wait for the 462 mono to arrive 😁