SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi 

i just purchased and received the sky adventure gti from sky-watcher. It was relatively easy to polar align and using 3 stars. 

couple of questions - for the life of me, it does not track. It goes to flawlessly and I love how easy it is.  It’s a fresh new pair of 8 batteries (although it has a blinking red light). It’s balanced. It’s not over weight. 

any susggetions.  It’s as purchased from bh photo after a long wait due to back log. 

Thanks

steve

Edited by Steveshshoshie197
Misspelled word

Hi Steve

1) I don't have a Skywatcher mount but generalising:

You say the Goto  is flawless.

But I believe the mount won't start tracking until you ENTER, to confirm the object is centralised in the eyepiece.

2) "It’s a fresh new pair of 8 batteries (although it has a blinking red light)."

Not a good sign.

If you're using rechargeable cells, 8 x 1.2V is only 9.6V, not 12V.

8 nominally 1.5V alkaline cells do add up to over 12V when fresh.

But confirm all is okay with a car battery or mains power supply if you can.

Otherwise the mount may be faulty.

Michael   

Edited by Cornelius Varley
text colour corrected

On 20/05/2023 at 19:06, Steveshshoshie197 said:

Hi 

i just purchased and received the sky adventure gti from sky-watcher. It was relatively easy to polar align and using 3 stars. 

couple of questions - for the life of me, it does not track. It goes to flawlessly and I love how easy it is.  It’s a fresh new pair of 8 batteries (although it has a blinking red light). It’s balanced. It’s not over weight. 

any susggetions.  It’s as purchased from bh photo after a long wait due to back log. 

Thanks

steve

If it's moving ok then it's probably user error or possibly a good idea to try flashing the motor controller (found on SWs web page) before jumping to conclusions and sending it back. Also make sure you are using the most recent version of the app. Blinking red light is normal during operation from memory. 

Edited by Adam J

• 8 months later...

Hi,  new to this site.   I recently purchased the Skywatcher GTI and am having the exact same issue as described in this thread.  I am using an external power source - not batteries and cannot get the device to track.  After hitting ENTER in the eypiece - nothing. No problem aligning or slewing to deep sky objects.  Just wondering if any resolution was found?

18 hours ago, Brad M said:

Hi,  new to this site.   I recently purchased the Skywatcher GTI and am having the exact same issue as described in this thread.  I am using an external power source - not batteries and cannot get the device to track.  After hitting ENTER in the eypiece - nothing. No problem aligning or slewing to deep sky objects.  Just wondering if any resolution was found?

Is your tracking set to 'sidereal' in the app?

Are you finishing your centering by pressing 'up' and 'right'? 

Also, what happens if you manually centre the target and then hit 'point and track' ? 

Screenshot_2024-02-14-12-00-16-56_1bb24dacb2c8e60f13553e45e95da44f.jpg

Edited by Gfamily

That's what I was wondering. If using synscan pro app you have to press the triple arrow button on the top right to see the tracking menu in the previous post screenshot then select what tracking mode you want to activate.