Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi refractor advice.

35 minutes ago, Grump Martian said:

A friend is considering a Takahashi refractor. I believe that there was a man who gave advice and supplied these refractors. But I cannot remember his contact details.

What advice does your friend need Martin? I think Nick Hudson at True Technology is perhaps who you were thinking of but he retired or otherwise shut the business down some time ago, shame as he was a very knowledgeable and helpful chap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

What advice does your friend need Martin? I think Nick Hudson at True Technology is perhaps who you were thinking of but he retired or otherwise shut the business down some time ago, shame as he was a very knowledgeable and helpful chap.

Hi Stu. That's probably the chap that I had in mind. My friend travels abroard. He has a Williams Optics zs 66mm. But is now considering upgrading apature and quality. He mounts the scope on his various video tripods. So really looking for something lighter in weight than standard. Also 80 or 90 mm.

33 minutes ago, Grump Martian said:

Hi Stu. That's probably the chap that I had in mind. My friend travels abroard. He has a Williams Optics zs 66mm. But is now considering upgrading apature and quality. He mounts the scope on his various video tripods. So really looking for something lighter in weight than standard. Also 80 or 90 mm.

As others have mentioned above, Ian King at FLO will certainly be able to give excellent advice.

All I can suggest is the FC-76DC split tube model. Depends on your friends interests, visual or AP?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starbob707 said:

Get used to perfect pinpoint stars.  Snap focus.  I love newt's  also but nothing like a Tak Apo for pin point stars.  Wish they made a 10in Tak Apo.  

They do! You just can't afford it!!

2023-05-1918_38_06.thumb.jpg.c87fd1ca1e959819f40674bf5ab2182d.jpg

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, starbob707 said:

Get used to perfect pinpoint stars.  Snap focus.  I love newt's  also but nothing like a Tak Apo for pin point stars.  Wish they made a 10in Tak Apo.  

Wish they made pensions which would pay for one...

:grin:lly

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

We'll see. I should be collecting £47m from Euromillions tomorrow - I'm sure I'll have a spare bob or two :tongue2:

So should I.  I don't actually have a ticket but buying one has no statistically significant effect on whether or not you win...

• Haha 3

Well, you can improve your odds of being struck by lightening by standing in a field at the top of a hill in a violent thunderstorm, I guess the lottery equivalent is buying £56M worth of tickets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

You've got to be in it to win it :biggrin:

I think the chances of a misplaced winning ticket blowing from the pavement into my bag of groceries is statistically little different from the buying of a ticket....

Edited by ollypenrice
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1