Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2009 - call for applications

IWA

International Astronomical Youth Camp 2009 - Call for applications Imagine spending 3 weeks in a beautiful mountain scenery working with other students from all over the world on an astronomical project of your choice. If you enjoy watching starry skies and would like to meet people who are interested in astronomy - consider applying for the International Astronomical Youth Camp. The International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) is a three-week long summer camp for students aged 16-24 aiming to promote knowledge on astronomy and related sciences in a unique international atmosphere. Each year it takes place at a different location, this year in the Beskid Zywiecki district in southern Poland which is part of the outer Carpathians. As a participant you will explore astronomy related projects in one of the 8 working groups - together with other young people. These projects are done in a working group of your choice and depend on your own interest. The working groups themselves will be led by young scientists and concentrate on a specific field in astronomy. This year these are: Amateur Astronomy, Basic Astro-Questions, Brainstorming on Life, Universe and Everything, Photons of Destiny, Quantum and Computation, Simulating the Universe in Motion Suns, Extrasolar Planets Time Travel Team. Of course apart from the astronomical program, there are many non-astronomical activities such as group games, sport events, singing evenings, hiking tours and an excursion. For more details, application form, astro gallery and project outlines check out IAYC - International Astronomical Youth Camps Best Regards, The International Astronomical Youth Camp Leader Team 2009

• 2 weeks later...

Well yeah I've been a couple of times but now as I am a member of the organising crew I guess you would like to contact some real participants instead :icon_rolleyes:

There are applications from the UK, I will ask if they agree to be contacted in case you have questions!

Can you send your email adress as a private message to me so I can forward it to people who can share their experience? It will not be used for spamming or passed to anybody else.

Archived