Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

'ow'do from the Peak District!!

Spad

Hello!!!

I am Ian - AKA Spad and I live in the Peak Disctict.

I got my first telescope for my 50th in 2020... I have always wanted one but decided to do it! Then covid hit.... but once that buggered off I got the bug. I started out with a Sky-Watcher Starquest 130P with an EQ2 and discovered I could attach cameras to them.... This lead me to hit eBay with a vengance!! I now have a Sky-Watcher EQ5 with the enhanced handset and motors. I am hoping to upgrade this to an HEQ5 next year. My scopes are a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150P (Black Diamond) and  Skymax 127 MCT, and I have just recently bought an Svbony SV503 70ED with Flattener/Reducer. I also bought an SV305 Pro Planetary/Guide camera. So I have been learning to use PHD2. At some point I will get a mono guide cam. It's jusst the SV503 and 305 Pro were going for a rediculous price.... So I bought them!!

My back ground is Photography and I worked in Motorsport Photogrpahy, so I have plenty of experience in this field, but boy have I junmped in to a new field with an effing vertical learning curve!!

I am more of a lurker and searcher of forums. I have used this forum on numuroues occasions and find it a wealth of information, as well as a great archive!! On the odd occasion I will jump on and ask for help and advice, when I cannot find an answer.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to pestering you guys sporadically!

Ian

Edited by Spad
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...