SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astrophotography, Really?

Sunshine

After seeing so many galaxies this past weekend I developed a sudden interest in AP, somebody please smack me. If you don’t my wife certainly will when she sees the bill for AP gear.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

After seeing so many galaxies this past weekend I developed a sudden interest in AP, somebody please smack me. If you don’t my wife certainly will when she sees the bill for AP gear.

SMACK!!!!!  

You need to pitch it to your other half as an investment.

Buy 2nd hand, buy good gear, look after it, and hopefully it will hold its value.

Some of it may even go up in value, in which case you're actually being paid to do AP; it's a no brainer 😄

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SamAndrew said:

You need to pitch it to your other half as an investment.

Buy 2nd hand, buy good gear, look after it, and hopefully it will hold its value.

Some of it may even go up in value, in which case you're actually being paid to do AP; it's a no brainer 😄

Haha, put like that, you can't afford not to get into astrophotography! 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheycallmeRiver said:

Tell her it's imperative that you do it right now, because the objects you're going to be photographing are moving away from us at an incredible rate and they'll be gone soon!

That won’t work with my wife but it would with my neighbor. While looking up at the moon once and asking me questions we watched an airplane about to fly across the face of the moon, he wondered if it was going to pass behind or in front of the moon, he was dead serious.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine said:

If you enjoy self-flagellation, you will enjoy AP immensely. ;) 

On 18/05/2023 at 02:20, Sunshine said:

Have you thought of seeing a therapist?

• Haha 1