SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

All sky camera

Hi,

Would like to have an all sky camera, ideally something that runs on low power and I can remotely view the sky day or night - ideally be able to track con trails during day or meteors at night via software? I looked up all sky cameras but could not understand how they were close to €1000 for just the camera. Is there a budget DIY route for what I have in mind?

You can source the parts and build a diy one, all depends on your skills, tools you have and availability of the parts.

A rough guide on costs can be worked out here as they sell all the parts execpt the camera (usually a ZWO one is suggested) . If you check the prices for the case/dome etc they have obviously added their own profit margin so some can be sourced a little cheaper elsewhere. For clarity I have not purchased from them personally.

There are some others on the forum who have built their own and 3d printed the cases.