Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light daystar

Neil H

20230515_135743.thumb.jpg.6eb05c52d020dbc8be3efaf8b9f959f4.jpgFirst light with the daystar solarscout. Wow amazing proms were really clear with a nice group of sun spots with a filament just below and to the right shame about the clouds , but just a little test really to see what eyepieces work the 18 bst was about max for full disc but 40,32 mm gave great views 25mm was nice harder to get your eye just right but that was that eyepiece the celestron zoom worked up to half it's range . The binoviewer was a bit harder to get right but I think  it's just getting used to the solarscout first warm up was about 10 mins just as a test I went from full blue to full red end 2 clicks at a time and reheat was seconds 

I got the sw solar quest mount after scope alignment to mount it was spot on every time I did a restart with the mount 

Worth the wait of 6 days to test it roll on the summer 

Edited by Neil H
Photo added
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Nice one Neil all you need now is an adapter and take a couple of shots with your phone lol more money.

I have got one but my galaxy does not like solar but will keep trying  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Littleguy80 said:

There was a rather explosive prom around tea time this evening. With all the activity of late you’ve picked a great time to get a Ha scope!IMG_2102.thumb.jpeg.42533cafb4804b0218a684cd530f8488.jpeg

I can't get photos on my phone so will have to wait till I am home and I will try a zwo 224 mc 

Views were good this morning lots to see 

• Like 2