Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Waning Lunar Crescent - 15th May

Roy Foreman

At 8am this morning I was in the garden, weeding.  Then I saw the waning crescent moon fairly high in the sky.  Off came the gardening gloves !

It was a bit hazy, so I opted to use my Skywatcher 150 ED refractor for hopefully higher contrast.

Camera was an ASI 183mm teamed up with a Proplanet 807 IR filter.

Processing was tough, trying to get rid of the haze, but I'm reasonably happy with the results, considering the conditions.

As always, thanks for looking.

2023-05-15 Moon pp807.jpg

2023-05-15 Moon pp807 c1.jpg

2023-05-15 Moon pp807 c2.jpg

2023-05-15 Moon pp807 c3.jpg

2023-05-15 Moon pp807 c4.jpg

• Like 17

59 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

They are truly beautiful images Roy. I'd be very proud if I'd managed to get results like that. 🏆

Thank you for your kind words, and glad you like the images - it makes all the hard work worthwhile to know others appreciate them.

• Like 1

Thanks Neil. Yes that SW 150 ED is a real beauty. Very sharp, no CA, covers a full frame sensor, and a real match for the Skymax 180.  It's only downside is it is very long and unwieldy, but that's just physics!

• Like 1